I got a job


I got a job
The other evening as Ian and I were taking the girls to soccer practice, Ian grabbed a application for McDonalds, that Sam had left on the dash. Ian held it up and asked questioning and jokingly, “are you applying for a job at McDonalds?”
Before I could respond past the smile on my face, the girls in the back seat erupted with excitement, “Mom you are going to get a job?!!! I really think you should get a job, you are going to work at McDonalds, oh that is so great!!! I can come in everyday to McDonalds and see you and play.”
With my eyes barely focused on the road, due to the internal laughter, I responded, with “but I do not ever want to have to go into a McDonalds every day, not any day.”
According to the choir from the back, this mama needs to get a job.
 It would be great to have some extra income and to have a commitment that was solely inclusive. But the reality is between all of my commitments for everyone else, I would be able to work, M and W  from 10-1 and even then, I would lose my monday friend time and probably wouldn’t feel like it the other day.
Well I got to thinking about building the equity on our home. If I work the landscape, then I am easily adding 10-20 grand to our home value within a year or so. That is far more than I could make in a year, working maybe 6 hours a week. So I hired myself and I got myself a job. I am building home equity…. I might even learn how to tile the house and renovate a bathroom. Who knows but I think I am also building some self equity as well.

Comments