Not as bad as some, not as good as I should be....

I know it has been too long since my last post but to justify myself, I am not as bad as others. :) The kids are back into their school routine, we had back to school night last night and met Leah's teacher for the first time. She reminds me of Mrs. Frizz but without the magic school bus. Leah is terrified of her and was in tears one morning cause she could not find her homework book (which she had left at school due to no homework) she was so scared of facing her teacher without this book that she did not want to go to school. Nothing like fear to motivate a child into being responsible.
Sam tested his teacher the first day at school. She was going over the behavior chart and said that with each consequence for bad behavior you have to change a color. Well Sam pointed to the very bottom of the behavior chart and said, "I want to see what happens when you get down there." His teacher smartly told him to change colors and since then Sam has been great at school and not changed colors. He is even known as the class's biggest helper.
Emma and I are onto daily discussing super powers, and daily we argue the world-renown fact that mommies have more super-powers than daddies. With each argument I have to tell myself that she is only three and a complete daddy's girl so not to take it personally. One day she will acknowledge the truth, that mommies have more super-powers than daddies (not to undermine all the great super-powers daddies have but mommies are way better)
Sam had his first soccer game last Saturday and it was so awesome to watch him. All four of my brothers are amazing soccer players and due to his bloodline there were some unspoken expectations on Sam. Well he did not let me down in the slightest. In fact I was awestruck with his ability and insight into the game. He was the best player on his team and always seemed to know where to be on the field.
For the first half of the game Sam would slide into the player/ball whenever he had reached them. So at half time we encouraged Sam to actually stay on his feet and how much more beneficial to the team if he would keep up with the game instead of sliding all the time.
Of course Sam would always want to be the one to throw the ball in. He was all over the field and involved with every play so it was not hard for him to be the first kid to grab the ball if it went out of bounds.
Yeah so this is Sam the entire game. He wore a grin the WHOLE time. Running up and down the field all you would see is that glorious smile of his.
Well we are heading out of town for the weekend and I have so much to do on top of not feeling so great (all week.) If I had to summarize this week into a title it would be, My right of passage to being crazy. Its really just all those thoughts that go in circles around my head, the unclean-able house, the someone pulled the plug and drained my energy, body, and that other little thing called life and responsibilities. But all in all I am looking forward to this weekend, some fun family time, funny adventures, and who knows what else..... unicorns, rainbows, and all things pretty and magical. (I think I need to stop hanging out with Emma so much, she is really influencing my thought process)

Comments

Danya said…
Go Sam! Thats great he loves soccer so much. Poor Leah with Miss Frizzle for a teacher :) I'd be scared too.
and Emma is so cute with her questions. I'm totally with you that mommy's have greater superpowers..even daddies would agree
love you guys!
first day of school here and I must say its nice :)