brown food for dinner

I feel yucky, nausea, headache, tired, achey, all together very human with an extra topping of grumpy. I have been feeling yucky for a couple weeks now and I am over it! Done with my body and mind being so wrapped up in itself, mucus being the glue that keeps me immobile and so self consumed. Yuck with an occasional F.
I daily attempt to give myself grace, to accept that today I have no energy or freedom more than a foot away from a tissue box. Yet I find that I have no grace to let the demands of life or laundry hold off for another day but it has been two weeks and the demands of life and the laundry are not accepting my grace period anymore. Actually they are, if I am honest with myself, life and the laundry are just fine, so why can't I just accept more grace for myself. Where did this internal harassment come from? Why am I the only one screaming at myself to be done with this bug, glaring at grace as tho she is my arch enemy? She is not my arch enemy, I am working towards her being my closest friend but tonight I cling to her as a crutch, as dinner time is quickly approaching. I have all the ingredients and an amazing recipe to make Mediterranean stuffed chicken thighs. Olives, spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese wrapped up in some tender meat, served with couscous and broccoli. Yep that was the menu for tonight and then I decided to let grace take the lead, she pulled out the brown foods and sent me to sit down. I have been leaning on her more and more. Allowing her to take the lead since I am more handicap than I like to admit.
So we are having brown food for dinner. You know, all that healthy stuff, fries, nuggets, corndogs, brown in different shapes and tastes. The kids love it! "thank you mom soon much!!" As if I have been neglecting them with my nightly home cooked dinners that always included a vegetable or two. Finally, tonight their starving being are being nurtured.  Bring on the brown food and show us you care. So be it my family! Grace shall feed you tonight and maybe a few more times this week. Maybe I will daily start looking at grace less of a weakness and more as a friend. So here is to grace, brown foods for dinner, and the hopes of an early bedtime.

Comments