Mother's Day

Every Mother's day I have two requests.
 The first request being that I have a day away from the kids. A day in which I do not have anyone calling me mom, a day that I can breathe in silence, focus on one task, a day to step back from being a mom and just be me. A day to meander about and fill my thoughts and heart full of gratitude for the amazing privilege I get to spend 364 days a year being, always there mommy, to these four beautiful souls.
My second request is a torturous demand, both on myself and the kids, and that is to take pictures of my four kids together.
Every year I grimace, along with the kids, in trying to get these four individual, independent faces to all look at the camera, at the same time, with hopefully a smile upon their faces. It is always a challenge but I love looking back at the pictures and seeing these captured moments of their childhood and my extended beings of my heart.
So although I have a couple stories I wanted to write about, today in honor of mother's day and in honor of taking a step back to fill my being with silent breaths of gratitude, I am only going to post pictures.



                         

                            I told all the kids to put their heads down together.... Sam did not disobey



                                                                        My Love



 Sister wishes sent out to the universe and love sent straight to my heart.

Comments

Laura said…
Love it, Rachel!
Orange said…
Such beautiful pictures of such a beautiful family! You are amazing.