mad scientist minded


Biology gives you a brain. Life turns it into a mind. 
Jeffrey Eugenides

Life has turned my brain into a mind, in so many beautiful ways but then there are those numerous moments when it is just a brain and an absent one at that.
I pay all our bills on time. Remember to take the kids to their events and never forget to pick them up. Baseball, school, youth groups, play dates, art class and so many other random events. I tell stories every day, do math in three different grades, currently reading four different books, and somehow stay relativity on top of the enormous amount of demands that 6 lives contain. 
And yet for the last 2 weeks I have been completely puzzled to why my phone is not ringing, or why when I receive a message I am unaware. I have been carrying my phone around in my pockets still missing calls and unaware of messages, unless I am sitting on it and feel it vibrate. It is usually much after the fact, of some sort of contact, that I realize I have been reached. I checked the volume, settings, ringtones but alas nothing seemed to explain why my phone was not alerting me. Then just the other day, while once again full of frustration, I checked the silencer button. Sure enough my phone had been on vibrate and it was the simplicity of flipping the switch that answered my two weeks of frustration. 
Oh to have a mind. :) 

Comments