strung out with the laundry

I am consumed, with a subtle knowledge, that there is not enough words at the tips of my fingers to come close to expressing the thoughts, drifting through my mind. I say consumed because numerous times a day my mind is, strung out with the laundry, filled with fresh, beautiful, and clean moments of delight. I think, "my that is such a nice thought, now to capture the words and write them down" and yet before I have reeled in the laundry the winds of reality have taken those blessed thoughts and blown them far from my fingertips.
So I sit here, knowing full well that this last week has held baskets full of glorious words and yet I am left with empty fingertips. There is so much to empty fingertips. So much excitement in knowing there is much to be written and the anticipation of awaiting the words to come. But alas it does help to have a mind full of thoughts, at least that is what I keep telling myself.
Laughing at myself for using laundry as a metaphor for my thoughts, yet that is where my life currently is and oh how my baskets are full... ALWAYS
It is hard to believe that we are in March already. So far this has been a great year. My life has turned into, one day at a time and then I find myself saying, "wow we are in March already" looking back and seeing all those, one days at a time have woven themselves into a beautiful blanket in which my heart will gladly wrap itself up in, until spring comes and the blessed sun, garden and the thought of no school is all the heart warming I need. Just the word spring sends shivers of warmth down my body. I know that in comparison, to so much of the world, my winter is only looked upon with envy but we each walk our paths and I will forever prefer mine to be a warm/hot one.
The kids are all in bed and oh the bliss of quiet and solitude can only be appreciated by someone who is wearing similar shoes as my own. They are growing up on me. Growing older, growing sweeter, growing me.
Tonight Sam and Leah were both squashed in together, on the love seat (by choice) giggling and teasing each other with pokes and tickles. I told them that it is so nice to see them loving each other, to which they replied with smirks and absurd noises. "Can I take your picture? you two look so cute right now" Sam quickly responded that I could take his picture if he could play on the xbox for an hour..... so I don't have a picture :( but my heart captured and stored their smiles, love and enjoyment of each other right to the core of my being.
It might sound like nothing much but to see my children enjoy each other brings an indescribable enjoyment to my heart that leaves me speechless and full of gratitude. I sound like a broken record, singing, telling, yelling at my kids that we are family and we have each other for life so whether you like them or not, you have to love them. Liking them, as I have found with my siblings. is the best frosting on this slice of life.
Well that is enough ramblings for one evening. Maybe next time I sit down my fingertips will be more forthcoming with words, maybe my mind will have brought in the laundry and I will have a neatly, clean and pressed post for you all to enjoy.... just maybe but I am not holding my breath

Comments