to write again

I have been drawn back here so much lately. Longing to write again. Capture my smiles with words, express my heart, give my thoughts the ability to appear in black and white.
The other night some friends were over and we got to talking about blogs, which had me retrieve my printed blog from the back of the closet, blow off the dust, and snuggle up for a good read. Spending glorious hours into the night, retracing where my feet have walked, where my laughters have escaped, where my smiles mixed with my wishes drifted into the skies of yesterdays. And I was appalled to see how much whining I did. Man, I vaguely remember how many exhausting and demanding days I had but according to my blog, they were relentless.
So here I sit, ready, wanting, and eager to begin writing again. The only trace of fear, that I keep shooing from my heart, is that I won't make the time for myself to indulge in this beautiful privilege of expression. I gazed at the numerous half written posts that I never completed and never posted. Thoughts that were never given the opportunity to finish themselves. Half taken verbal pictures that were never developed.
So it is my hope that I will write when it comes to heart. That I will make the time for myself to express. That I will write again.

On another note, I am currently infatuated with love right now. It is valentine's day tomorrow and although my infatuation has nothing to do with valentines, I am pleasantly thrilled to be completely in holiday spirit, although I stick firmly to the fact I think it is a stupid holiday :) My infatuation with love is a long story that is still being written, but it has left my heart vibrating with waves of gratitude for all the love that fills my life.

Comments

Orange said…
Your writing voice is so poetic and gentle. Thanks for coming back!