The fluttering sound of the weekend

The weekends have been just fluttering by. Silently, in-tune with the butterflies' wings. Gracefully and wistfully they flitter away leaving only a magical trail of smiles and captured moments for my heart.
 I have been so selfish with my weekends because Ian has been down in LA during the week for the last 5 weeks and has about 5 more to go. So as you can see, it is the weekends and the weekends alone that I get to feel truly complete. That I get to sing MY song, in only the way a true friend, a best friend can let you sing your song in this world. I get to share my burdens, I get his help in finding my uncontrollable laughter, I get to put aside my mama cape and fly with my youth. I get to be in love with my love by my side. I know I sound sappy but something unexpected and quiet beautiful has awakened inside me while Ian has been gone. The tale old quote of, "absence makes the heart grow fonder" keeps occurring to me every week, and every week my heart has been growing fonder.  I would like to think that the same is occurring to Ian but he would never admit it due to him being a bit less of a romantic and the fact that his love for me is a lot more like the tide, steady, consistent, and reliable. Yet there is a beautiful anticipation for our weekends and I find us equally yearning to be completely selfish with them and close out the world.
So I find my heart has been storing these weekends, like a nutty squirrel who came upon a full acorn tree all to herself. Cheeks are full and I feel almost ready to begin another week.
This weekend was blessed with an extra day (thank you Presidents).
Another week of tending to four beautifully, demanding souls. Another week to wear all the capes that come with my superhero roles, and another week to anticipate next weekend.
Tela, who has yet to use words, as a wonderful way of communication, would pronounce her bye as dye. So for the last 5 weeks she would often get a sorrowful look on her face and appear before me to announce with such a sadness, "Dada dye, dada dye dye" I would try to refrain from laughing at her as I would share in her sorrow and agree that Dada went bye bye. Although this brought about a couple awkward moments in public as she would tell strangers that her, "Dada dye" I noticed that she is now saying bye bye. So apparently our sorrowful days of mourning the fact that dada dye, we will now just be oh so sorrowful that Dada bye. (Although there is a lot less mourning when we come together and say that dada went bye and not dye)
 She loves her Dada so much, even when they are stumps apart :)

Comments