Summer is upon US :)

Well we are three weeks into summer and I finally feel like I have a day to blog. Yet before I begin to tap into the chaos of the end of the school year, the joys of summer and the fullness of life, the production of my smiles, today is June 25th.
Today marks the day of birth, for three beautiful souls, that I have the privilege to have permanent love marks on my heart from their presence. Safta, Aiden, and Brooklyn. Today is a day of celebration, tenderness and most of all love.
I posted the above picture of the flowers because last year we planted a little garden in remembrance of Aiden. The little area with its bench and heart rock is known and called by us all as, Aiden's garden. Well this year I had planted some hollyhocks. All the flowers came out pink and most eaten by the deer but right smack in the middle of the plant came up a stem that was not only surrounded by the other stems from the deer but the flowers themselves are the blackest looking flowers I have ever seen. Both Ian and I are tenderly amazed at the meaning of these black beauties.
We have spent the day in art. Ian is going to walk into a house of splattered paint over each of his kids and the kitten and dog and a few chairs and Lord only knows what else. But it has been such a perfect day to lose ourselves in art, creativity, expression and an artistic trance.
Ok end of the school year was such a blur of deadlines, activities, proud moments, awards, ceremonies, permission slips and did I mention that the end of the school year was a blur..... but I am proud to say that all three kids graduated from their grades and are moving on and up :)
 Last day of school picture :)
 Sam is such a great big brother and would daily get Emma from her class and walk her to the car, often carrying her purple backpack.
 Emma graduated from kindergarten :) It was a great year for her and I am so proud of her!
So Sam said the the dress code at school did  not allow faux hawks which of course got my mind going. So we sent Sam to school on the last day with a new hair cut just to see what the consequences are for having a faux hawk. 

The end of the school year also marked the end of a great baseball season. Sam played great and is daily falling more and more in love with the game of baseball. The other night he was sleeping and from a dead sleep I hear him yell out, "I don't have any balls!!!!" Before I could bust out laughing he quickly followed with, "Someone throw me a ball, HURRY!!"
 Sam primarily played first baseman or pitcher. He did outstanding at both.
 And this has become his constant Sandlot look. Torn jeans, white shirt, baseball cap and a glove. I can not get enough of how cute of a 10 year old he is.

Well with school and baseball over I was looking forward to a week off and no schedule but that lasted one day because on Monday Emma started swim lessons for two weeks. It was busy but a great busy that had us by the pool every day and for most of the day. Our car quickly and consistently filled up with friends and on our last day at the pool my car contained 5 boys, three girls and me. Thankfully everyone was a well behaved child and entertained each other. Everyone but Tela that is. 

 Sam and his buddies. They are the best group of boys. Each one with the sweetest heart and just as much for baseball as Sam.
 Emma is for sure part mermaid. She stays in the water the entire day and would stay in all night too if I let her.
 Sam, oh sweet Sam..... somehow through all your spastic energy your sweet heart always comes through.
 Leah was at her San Diego camp for a week and loved every min of it. She came home exhausted and full of stories, just like you are supposed to.

                                                  
And while the cats away the mice will play so we went and got ourselves a kitten while Leah was at camp. We have planted our garden and have since watch our garden steadily disappear to the gophers. Ian got a pellet gun and I got us a kitten. We named him Hobbes and I showed him all the gopher holes and told him all my expectations. The kids on the other hand agreed to call him Hobbes and have since not put him down. Between the four kids that poor cat is going to forget how to walk.

So Summer is officially here and so we went camping last weekend. It was supposed to be a girl's trip but Ian could  not sit out on a day at the river and a night in a tent. 
 The whole crew..... mormon style
 heading to the river
 yeah pics of me.... so nice to have another camera going around :)
 Ian and I gazing lovingly into each other eyes :)
 we all had fun with the glow sticks
 Emma just romping down the river
 Dada and Tela looking at the baby fish
 Hawthorne looking at the baby fish too

 Sitting in the river with Tela River..... well she was sitting for a little while

 Uncle Ian and Alex working on some baseball moves
 Sam jumping off the rock and finding all the mud he could.

 Three six year olds on a camping trip, cheers to that
 Ian with the kids doing smores......
 Tela was ready for bed
 Sam packed his christmas pajamas to go camping in June. He is kinds funny like that
 These two cousin love each other so much and have such a treasured bond
 All the kids with their dirty faces, happy faces but dirty as can be
 Tela saw the other kids climb the tree so of course she had to give a go
 Very cute.... she sat there for about 25 seconds
 These three spent most of the day lost in their imagination and nature
 room for three on the tube
And to end this blog here is Tela on yet another time out. 
Well Summer is upon us and I am so grateful. I have cherished and continue to cherish all that summer, nature, my family, and our adventures have to offer my heart. 

Comments

Orange said…
Thank you for the wonderful pictures! I always get so excited when I see that you have a new post. What perfect childhood memories you are creating.
Anonymous said…
Rachel, what a wonderful trip! Thank you for all the great stories and photos. It is a blessing to live vicariously through you and your very fun, very loving family! Hugs!