The end of the year as we know it....

Its the end of the year as we know it and we are FINEEEE!!
Well tomorrow marks the beginning of a new year and all day today I have been in a contemplative mood. Thinking, feeling the desire to write one last post for this year. To write a beautiful poetic piece on this last year of adventures and growth. I thought how awesome to end the year with a newsletter of some sort, reflecting on the road we have traveled and the lessons we learned. So I sat over a few cups of coffee reflecting on this last year and trying with all that is in me to remember all the high lights and low lights that have made up the last 365 days of my life.
All I have to say is, it is all a blur..... I honestly have blurred vision of this year. I am hoping that a few more beers and a few less awake children (like four less) will help with my memory vision but I doubt it.
The only thing that has come to my mind was seeing a, "How to best parent your child" poster and it gave four examples of the four different types of children you could have and how to best meet their needs and how to best encourage them so they feel understood and their individual core being was met and heard. After reading over the poster and each one of the four types of children I just sat back and said out loud to the wall, "No wonder I am exhausted, I have one of each!!!"
So I am glad to say that everyone made it to the end of the year and we are fine. :) Well I think so,
Above all, this year has taught me to be grateful and without any hesitation at the top of my gratitude list is my best friend and husband, Ian. This last year might be a blur but I am looking forward to another year with those that I love.
Happy New Years Everyone

Comments