My beautiful reality

I had the joyous privilege of having some time with my siblings. As in, we planned a childless get-a-way and we actually followed through with it. I have stories galore, smiles that are continuing, laughter unfolding, and the beautiful memories being made. It was truly what we all needed and I am looking forward to posting a lengthy post about the delicious details of our time together but tonight, well tonight I am tired and ready for bed. Yet before I could  surrender to my fatigue I have such a grateful heart compelling me to sit here and write a post about my beautiful reality. I was asked today if I had a nice weekend to which I replied, " oh my yes but now it is all back to reality" My reality of four children and a busy life but also these little tid-bits that I received today that make my reality such a beautiful place and that ceaselessly pour into my heart so much laughter and love.

Emma asked for pancakes this morning and as she and Sam sat down to await their food Emma looks at Sam and said, "I ordered pancakes this morning, wasn't that a delightful choice."

Ran into the neighbor today and since the kids seem to have been at her door for one thing or another I asked her if they are being a nuisance. Her reply melted my heart, she said "Your kids are great and are so thoughtful of me. I knew that they are real treasures when a couple years ago Sam came to my door and said, "You look lonely so I came over here to talk to you."

Tela is such a little extravert, she loves kids so much and loves to get in their faces. Today we were at a store and there was one of those kids mannequins with a hat on, like the kid is leaning against her arms with her face against the counter. Well Tela walks over and is trying to pull up the hat and peer under it to see the non-existent face. She then tried to sit in the mannequin's lap, well she backed her butt up into the doll and tried to sit on her.

After school today Leah told me how this day had been a nuisance day and it all started this morning when she thought she had missed the bus and the thought of it had made her feel obnoxious and she had been feeling nauseous for the rest of the day.

I AM SO BLESSED AND THE LUCKIEST MAMA IN THE WORLD :)

Comments

Orange said…
And I love how Leah uses the word 'awkward' to mean embarassed. It is so endearing...