our spiritual corner


Spirituality is always present in our home, our lives, and our conversations. Religion not so much but I am grateful that there is an ever present being that I can fall back on, rely on, and believe in. 
Emma has been cracking me up lately with all her spiritual engagements. The other night as I was praying with her, before she went to sleep, she apparently got bored and interrupted me to finish up the prayer with....
"and that everyone has good dreams about princesses and unicorns.... amen!!"





The following day we were waiting for Sam at his soccer practice in the car. Emma got into the driver seat and puts on her motherly tone, "Ok dear, lets pretend that I am the mother and you are the obedient, nice teenage daughter (she always seems to specify what kind of teenage daughter I will be) and Tela is my filthy baby and I am going to drive us to some place that is made up of sparkles" 
"sounds fun to me" I said in my obedient, nice teenage daughter voice. 
"why don't you read to me while I am driving cause it is going to take us like 100 hours to get there"
I picked up the Bible and began to read out loud from Proverbs yet before I can get 10 verses down Emma interrupts me in her motherly voice with “sweetheart, why don’t you just go ahead and  read that in your head”

Emma loves songs and with the radio going to and from our daily 3 trips to school she has become very familiar with many of the christian songs. So as we sat in church on Sunday my heart melted as she, knowing the chorus, would join in with everyone else. With each chorus her confidence is building up and becoming evident with the obvious rise in her volume. With the final chorus upon us the music leader quits the music down just as Emma's confidence has heightened to it possible volume potential. I stand beside her as she belts out loud and proud.... “sing like never before, we worship your holy MANE, worship your holy MANE!!!!!!”
She just makes me so proud to be called her mama. My heart just melted and I am sure God's did too as we worshiped His hole mane. 


Comments

Danya said…
lol...Emma is hilarious! I love they way her cute mind works and thinks. "read that in your head" too funny. I agree with you about religion.