might not make it

Ian headed off today to do two and a half weeks of training down in La. I miss him already.
I think that the knowledge of what is in store for me has me stocking up on beer and wishing that I could go with him. Not only will I miss his nightly help with the kids but he is my friend. More often than not, my only friend. He is my daily friend, the one who sees me continually at my worst and somehow still wants to hang out with me. We always like being "us" It's crazy but by far one of the best and most grateful aspects of my life.... I asked him the other night as we lay in bed, what is it that still holds him in love with me? His answer was, "I love the fact that you never ask stupid questions right before I am getting ready to go to sleep" ....
I truly give Ian a lot of credit, being my friend is not something easy or should be taken lightly because I am the first to admit that I am a bad friend. Like the worst friend. I often wonder why anyone ever calls me, EVER. I get into my own world and will not connect for ages and then when I step out of my bubble I am always shocked to see anyone still wants to talk to me.
Anyhowwww enough of that rant and back to my hubby. So he is off again. The busy demands of the kids and all their extra curriculum activities are on these poor-postured shoulders. I know that I can physically do it all but mentally is another story. So that is where beer and microwave dinners come in, right?


It will be fine, It will be fine, It will be fine..... the kids on the other hand, might not make it.



Comments

Danya said…
Wow you are really blogging more and I love it. It means I can check your blog more frequently! Such a sweet post! I so admire the love and friendship you guys have! Sorry Ian is gone and here is to wishing him a speedy and safe return. I'll be thinking about you! Hope the time goes by fast and the kids remember to go easy on mom. love you