I blame Sam

Well I have never known what to do with my hair and still don't. I finally found someone who seems to have done a decent job on my hair as long as I tell her prier to cutting to always leave the front and top of my hair (I am growing them out). Well since Ian is out of town and I couldn't deal with the length of my hair for one more day I decided to get it cut with three kids in tow. Emma is good and will just sit there, Sam can watch Tela in the stroller and I can get my hair cut. Right, right
Well we got there and after going over my expectations through clenched teeth and bulging eyes we all sit down to wait for my turn. Tela is happy reading her books, Sam is sitting there kinda chill and checked out and Emma is reading a magazine. Man this just might work. I sit down with a hopeful heart and just as the hairdresser has wetted my hair and has the scissors set to go Sam starts twirling Tela (who is in the stroller) in circles around the waiting room.  Suddenly with some urgency the hair dresser begins just cutting away as I am trying to keep my head straight and Sam is up to his boyish antics. Tela's joy ride lasted just long enough for the hair dresser to have begun her cutting with the hair on top and in the front. As I turn to see Emma waving at me from outside the door and Sam's joy ride for Tela coming to a tearful end along with my hopes for 15 min haircut done in peace.
I just resigned myself to whatever will be as the hairdresser lets out a nervous laugh and pleads for Sam to bring the stroller next to mama. I call Emma back in. Glare at everyone and finally at the person looking back at me in the mirror. The one with tired eyes and shorter than she would prefer front and top hair. :( And I completely blame Sam....

Comments

Danya said…
lol...oh my... You are a brave momma to get your haircut with 4 kids in tow. Wish I could have been there to watch them for you. I've done it with 2 kids in tow and never again :)