Happy (Jewish) New Years

Happy New Years everyone. Well to everyone that knows or acknowledges the Jewish New Year.
For some reason I always love this day. Maybe the excitement and desire to begin a New Year. To take on new changes and challenges. To feel hopeful and jumping on board the train of future. Or maybe it is the beautiful and yummy tradition of eating apples and honey. Maybe this is the one Jewish holiday that takes the least amount of effort and knowledge to participate in... well whatever lies behind my motivation and optimism I found myself going far out of my way and spent a crazy amount of money to have some of the most delicious apples in honor of today.
And then the kids sent me over into looney bin and so I find myself sitting here drinking in a "lets give a toast" kinda drink and eating the most delicious apples with honey. After all, whatever my motive I still want to have a sweet year ahead of me. :)

Comments

Orange said…

L'Shana Tova! I think that it is time we have a good year. And apples and honey...yum!
Danya said…
Happy New Year! I agree its a great and easy Holiday Next is Yom Kippur though I kind of cheat on that Jewish Holiday/ Holy day because it doesn't involve anything sweet or fun :) It involves remembering that I am an imperfect person which I am very well aware of each and every day and if I forget the kids sure remind me. Love you and cheers to A Shana Tova!