a small collection


l was never intended for the 9-5. with the soul of a traveler and the bonds of suburban responsibilities. Do you awaken from the fog gazing at the beauties in  your life wondering how you. the breath in you gets to breath of its own. naturally without thought or effort. with purpose and completion. can you support the desires of your heart or do you just start walking and let the desires of your heart support you. 
How many day to day families have picked up their skirt fringes, gathered some apples of their hearts, and walked off with children in tow to the other side of the world. The other side of life as we know it and have lived it thus far. How many started life over with  no necessary need to. Tasting the flavors of other countries, of need, of uncertainty, of adventure. Walking on. 

Sam - Tela had her first birthday and after eating her cupcake she still had a very clean face so I said, “she needs more cupcake in her face, Sam go get her another cupcake for her face”
Sam proceeded to get another cupcake and planted it squarely in her face. Frosting covering both eyes and up her nose. SAMMMM!!!! “you said to put the cupcake in her face”

Emma - at magic mountain. while waiting in line for Ninja (a faster roller coaster) she is doing the pee pee dance and clutching herself. "Mom i really have to go pee.!!!" "Can you hold it and wait till we are done with the ride "( like we are almost there after a wait). Yeah I can hold it as she is literally holding it. So we go on the ride and screech the whole way. Waiting for our turn to get off the ride I turn to Emma, Did you pee your pants? No I think it went back into my bladder. No I think it went all the way back into my kidneys. 

The car rides.....on the way to school
After a zoned out 5 min in the car Emma awakens herself and thinks out loud, “Where are we going?”
“OH I am just driving to Mars”
“Really, well could you just drop me off at school on your way cause I went there the other weekend with Grandma.”
“You did, did you?, well then you can tell me how to get there”
“Sure, just go straight up this road and turn left then get on that jet that kinda reminded me of that roller-coaster ride I went on and it will take you straight to Mars. And Saturn is fun too, you can go sliding around it’s rings if you want to. 

Emma- When I grow up I want to be a mom just like you.
Seconds after my heart swelled and seconds before I could say thank you she followed with,
“but nicer”
Really? I said, "how are you going to be a nicer mommy?"
"Oh I would get my kids lots and lots of stuff, everything they ask for”
as she sits admits her new found treasures from every store that we had just come from.
Oh I said, that reminds me of my daughter who always says nice things about everyone, she NEVER says anything not nice about anyone. 
“Whats her name? Whats her name?"
Well now I can’t tell you her name because her heart is so good that she spends all her days saying just nice things about everyone else but if anyone says anything nice about her she just dies of embarrassment. So I better not say her name cause she really does not like me talking about how nice she is. She just likes talking about all the nice people she knows. 
Hmmm I think that i would like to be that daughter.
Sounds like a good plan to me
Emma then turns to Tela and says, “If I was the nicest daughter I would probably be the favorites' too.

Emma - "what was Sam like when he was 7"
Mom- cute -
"Oh like he is now but only smaller"

"did you know that if the sky is really blue and the clouds are really white there are castle on those clouds.... of course the clouds have to be big enough for a castle so I am not talking about any little really white cloud, just the big ones"  

Mom to Emma - Give me some skin, girlfriend...... high five
Emma to Tela- Give me back some of my skin, girlfriend..... high-five 

Comments

Orange said…
I am glad she remembers that trip we took to Mars. I thought that she slept through it...