this journey

The journey... life is a journey and although at times I want to run from my path, take a months' nap in the shade of solitude and quiet, I gaze at the souls that are intertwined with my own and send bubbles of gratitude into the sky.
Life is busy, full oh-so-full, crazy, messy and loud. This season that I am walking through has and continues to challenge my heart and sanity. It has me continually wondering what this is all preparing me for or if the adventures are for my children to tell. If I get the great privilege of so many others, that I have come to appreciate, love and respect, to live vicariously through the ones that I love. Safta never let a conversation pass without those words uttered, "Oh how i am living vicariously through you" It made me feel amazing, special, and the journey I am walking, the path that I am treading on and the seasons are all temporary yet centuries old. It left me with the feeling that life is truly and forever amazing, even if your body has since given up on energy.
Two of my girls are reaching such milestones this month. My first baby will be turning 12 and my last baby will be turning 1. I honestly don't remember much detail of time in the lapse of either one. :( I do know that they never cease to amaze me. Their souls are beautiful and with each new conquest my heart leaps within me as I find myself, living vicariously through them. Their joys, sorrows, enlightenments, steps into growing up. Both at such awkward ages, continually discovering themselves and their place in this world. Challenging the waters and their footholds. Overwhelming to be holding their hands each and every day but so thankful and awestruck that I can and have been entrusted with such an honor.
I really only went on here to record a couple hysterical conversations that Emma and I have had recently. Yet since I apparently am not keeping up with my blogging I instead ventured into my heart and now I can't remember the details of the conversations. I think that my brain just shut down and I am going to go to bed and hopefully try (and succeed) tomorrow.

Comments