To the sound of the trains...

- having something to say is overrated-

Thought I would begin this post with how I have been feeling lately. :)
I really am just posting for you Johnny. Miss you and worry about you everyday. Life seems to have swept us all off our feet. I look around and in the mirror, we are all trying to find our feet on the ever changing and sinking sands we call our lives. Not complaining just gazing upward wondering if this is how life is supposed to be going. Is there supposed to be so much to worry about, so much to grieve, so much to do, so much to partake in? And then I hear music.... music the language of my soul, Breathing soothing clarity of calm to my heart. Carrying my troubled worries to a place captured between notes, between instruments that sing in unison. What is your music? What temporarily carries you away from the hardships, the heartaches? What silently whispers at you that somehow you are going to be ok and you are doing a good job and you are an amazing person and that this world is beautiful still...

well i don't have much in my journal these days but I did capture a couple stories for you

Sunday afternoon, Ian and Sam are all geared up to watch their football team play an important game. Very optimistic that their team is going to do well we eagerly await the game to start. One player after another appears on the screen, being interviewed about themselves and their team, the interviews are sporadically interrupted by replays of their previous, magnificent plays. Hearing one after another talk about team work and believing in each other I thought that we should take advantage of this opportunity to emphasize with Sam that life would go better if he worked with his sister, believing in her and believing in himself. And in true mother mode fashion I went on and on about all the benefits of team work and ended my (what I thought was a wonderful speech) with "watch how great they are going to do today with all their team work and belief in each other"
Their team lost :(

Another one that had me smiling was while I was in the store with Tela and Emma an older man came up to us and said, "oh you have a wise old soul" smiling at Tela. Tela of course smiles right back as Emma scurries to get behind my legs. He continues to go on to say to Tela, "Yes you have all the wisdom of the universe in you, don't you?" This older man then proceeds to speak to me and says, "That is why HE doesn't talk because HE has all the wisdom of the universe and HE doesn't know how to share it with us. That is why HE just smiles at us all."
Emma at this point has come from around my legs, to get a look at this older man, who has since redirected his attention back onto Tela, "Isn't that right little guy.... all the wisdom of the universe."
I just joined Tela in giving him a smile and went on our way. After our shopping was done we get into the car where Emma proceeded to ask me what wisdom means (she is all about definition of words right now). I informed her that wisdom is having the knowledge of something..... kinda like being smart. Emma just laughed out loud and said, "That old man was kinda like being dumb cause he kept calling Tela a boy and she is wearing all pink."
Well apparently we might start out with all the wisdom of the universe but we end up ........

Comments

Orange said…
I love my grandkids! Thanks for taking the effort to record all their awesomeness.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Rachel!!! I love every word, even the "the"s ans "a"s.
I hope you never stop writing your magic.
J
Anonymous said…
i like it 2
Josh
ssjj said…
Hi. I like your blog. vist here good news.
This is truly amazing.
bhaskar said…
nice blog...thanks for the information