New Beginnings

A little bit of peace and love from us all.


Last night Ian and I were talking about how quickly this year has gone past but yet in so many aspects it has gone by so slowly. Today, the first day of a whole new year, we went on a hike as a family.
I am so out of shape!! There is nothing like starting the new year with a hike that makes you feel like you are completely out of shape and old. Thankfully I had a little 4 year old, that was kicking my butt at hiking, to encourage me on. "Be strong mom!!! Just be Strong" "Breathe in and out" "Ok be careful there is a slippery part, just keep going" "You are doing great""We make a good team and I so glad to always be your buddy"
Humbling but I was so thankful for her words, her heart. I could use those words everyday and in so many places. We made it to the top and back again. :) Spending the day talking about this new year and all the resolutions and dreams we have for it. Although today was not really different to any other I found myself eagerly accepting the prospect of new beginnings, new awakenings, new attitudes and new focuses. I think that above all I am ready for some changes. I am ready to turn the page of this tear strewn, heart challenging, mentally exhausting, emotional whirl wind, love enrapturing, soul quested year. Ready to embrace each day as I squeeze the good out of it and gently place the bitter rind of sorrow in my pocket.
So here is to another year and all that it holds. My only prayer is that I am brave enough to greet each new aspect of this year and look it in the eye without running away from it like I always want to.
She was so proud of her dirty cute butt. I am so proud of her cute, magical heart.
I could not imagine traveling this road of life with anyone else by my side. I am so thankful for my husband. My love for him grows every year. He is truly a good man.
Sisters, a closeness that never needs to be spoken and a love for each other that will never waver.
The ray of sunshine streaking through our day. So thankful for it all.... even if she still does not sleep through the night.
Sister and brother, a bond that is always to be admired and appreciated.
Tela at five months old hence the fatigued look of her mama. Love this little girl who is the bestest baby there is.
Christmas morning. So many things to be grateful for and my top five reasons are surrounding me.

Comments