And then there is reality

The reality is that I really and truly want to blog but have quickly remembered how little I get to do with a newborn... not to mention the very entertaining and wanting to be entertained 4 year old and the lets be all boy and just wait and see what happens 8 year old and the oh I am 11 years old and like to try on teenage attitude just to see how I look in it. Yep so sorry Johnny I know that I told you I would blog more and really intended to have a post for your birthday but you will be glad to know that I have been keeping notes. Yep my, The Beatles Yellow Submarine notebook has been a steady companion and caust most of the quirky sayings overheard in my life. Soooo Here we go again.......

Mom - Why did people make sports?
Sam - For me
Leah - I think cause people got bored


Me- Why is the earth round?
Emma - Cause it has to fit in God's hand and there has to be a place for China and that is how God made it.



Emma - Unicorns are real!!
Me - How do you know?
Emma - Cause they are in our land.

A few weeks after sharing this knowledge with Sam.......

Me- If you could ask God anything what would you ask?
Emma - I would ask that when I go to heaven there would be all the real animals and one un-real animal. Do you want to know what un-real animal I want? A flying unicorn



Emma- "I feel like I'm 8 when I stand on my tiptoes."

Leah to Tela (all the time) - "You are so loved"

Leah - I'm hot.
Sam - Leah's glowing. When you get hot girls glow and boys sweat.

Me - What is the most important thing in the world?
Emma - Going new places

Dad - You need to get out of Lala land
Leah - I don't even know how to get to Lala land


Emma trying to comfort Tela - "You're ok. You're ok sweetie." -in a whisper - "you better stop your fussing or mom is gonna put you in a time out."

Mom and Dad - EMMA!!!!
Emma - You both said that at the same time
Mom - Yeah and we both said it in an angry tone
Emma - God doesn't like that tone

Emma singing pat-a-cake to Tela and pauses in the middle of the song with a look of concern on her face - "It's ok Tela I am just singing the song you don't really have to do it."

Mom - What makes a family?
Emma - When we get together

Comments

Orange said…
Everyone knows FLYING unicorns aren't real. Only on My Little Pony and in heaven. But WALKING unicorns are another matter entirely.
mom said…
Love it. The pictures and the stories. Also love the new blog look. Muna