Little Miss Tela River Newkirk


Oh to so smitten and in love with the smallest lips, dangliest arms, and cutest "big" toes.. I got to hold/kiss all of that and so much more for the first time last Wednesday. Little Miss Tela River Newkirk was born at 6:16am, weighing 6lb and 11oz, measuring just over 19 inches, eager to feed and be kissed.


She has got to be the most laid back baby and oh so good. Ok given it has only been a week but in my unbiased opinion she is perfect.

Leah, Sam and Emma are just as smitten and each fight over who gets to hold her, pick out her clothes and who can change her diaper (I expect that one to change.)
Dad just thinks that she is sooo cute and is daily asking her for a smile. Tela loves his guitar playing and will listen to him wide eyed and content as can be as long as he keeps strumming or she falls asleep, which often comes first.

I have often heard that in birth and death we feel closer to heaven. Yet with Tela I felt that she brought a little of heaven down to me. She has such an undemanding, quiet presence about her that she forces me to be still and calm. Savoring the sweet nothings and wanting nothing more than to hold close the ones I love. Her name means, song of praise - flowing through- a new church. I love the joy of getting to know her, loving on her, and appreciating the song of her presence.

Comments

Anonymous said…
She is so beautiful!
I am sooo happy for you and your beautiful family! love you lots!
Damua
Anonymous said…
lol...that was me Danya :)
apparently I can't spell
mom said…
so glad you are blogging again. Muna