Foggy minded mother

I have noticed that the older Tela gets the more tired I become and the more tired I become the foggier my brain becomes. You know that state of mind that seems to lack any and all clarity to your thought process. For example I was folding the clothes in my room, went out to Sam's room to get some hangers only to realize 20 min later and while vacuuming the living room that I was in the middle of folding clothes in my room and had not even gone into Sam's room for something or another.
It all reminds me of that commercial for allergies when the scene is all hazy and then the individual takes some meds and suddenly the scene becomes clear. Yeah well so far there does not seem to have any meds for foggy minded mothers.
So until they come up with some meds or I get a good nights sleep I have decided to embrace my foggy minded state of existence.
Parenting with a foggy mind is much like driving in the fog. You slow down a bit and can't really see all that is going on around you or where you are going. But much like a daily commute, if you have been down the road often enough than you really don't need to see all that clearly anyway. You seem to get to your destination but can't describe the drive. The kids are getting to bed everyday but I am having a hard time describing the day that got us there.
For example the other day I found myself checking the crib for Tela only realizing that I had put her in the bouncer. I got Emma lunch only to realize that I had just pulled out the cereal boxes. Headed to the store only to forget the list, grabbed the list than forgot that I had the list leaving me wandering around the store trying to remember what I was there for. While making dinner I checked the trash to see if I had put an egg in the mac and cheese. Getting so excited that it is bed time and then trying to remember where the day went.
This blog alone has taken me a better part of the day cause I am having such a hard time keeping a steady stream of thoughts on this subject and primarily I just keep forgetting that I am in the middle of a blog. Oh the joys of living with a foggy minded me.


Comments