So much for Fall



So on Thursday Emma and I took advantage of a beautiful day and went for a enchanted hike in our backyard. Fairies, trolls and all things mystical to a three year old were alive and active in the forest. It was so much fun.

Emma will climb anything and everything. It was impossible to keep her feet on the ground. Most of the hike went accordingly, "come on Emma lets go look at this beautiful tree" "Um I don't think I can climb that tree to the top so lets go look at another tree" And a big thank you to my brother Josh cause every rock is to be climbed to the very top starting from the very bottom. I do not think that Emma realizes that her mother can not reach very high.


And then this morning, we all awoke to snow. Yes snow... like 6 inches of snow. Ian had made the statement that I am always grumpy with the first snow and sure enough this morning when I woke up to three eager faces and a white world outside our window, I turned grumpy quicker than the kids could ask me where their gloves were and hats and boots and jackets and the other glove and the pants and their sleds and the hot chocolate and everything else that comes with three eager beavers ready to spend 30 min to get ready and 10 min outside.


Emma has been saying since the summer that she wants it to snow cause she loves eating snow. So today she was the happiest girl chomping down on the snow to her little heart and frozen hands content.
Sam is all about throwing, well he is all about throwing year round but when it snows his thrill is all about the right and privilege to throw snowballs. And I can finally say that at almost 8 years of age he is finally learning some discretion at who to throw the snowballs at and how hard. He knows better that a mama with a camera is no target although he did try and throw one on the roof above my head which, to his surprise, landed right next to me.
And Leah is all about making a snowman, which she did very cute and successfully (failed to get a picture) She loves the venture of snow but like most of her days in life prefers her interaction with others (ie Dad and Sam) on her terms.

And then there is my biggest kid who I am so thankful quickly puts on his snow pants and is always the first to start a snow fight and pull out the sleds.
They would hike up the back hill where Ian promptly ditched Emma to her snow eating and sled down the hill followed by squeals of delight from Sam who is on the back seat of the sled.

The kids had a blast and I loved watching them from the garage with my cup of coffee and the strong desire to not be grumpy over the obvious fact that we are done with Fall and into the freeze of winter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
why dont you blog anymore? i liked reading your blog! :-)