And just breathe

Wow what a week that started about a month ago. Two baby showers in two days can leave a woman wiped out and I am not even pregnant. First and foremost Yudi's baby shower for her daughter (so excited) was a big success. I can say that cause first Safta was smiling and second Yudi said she felt so loved. Mission accomplished. I will post pictures at another time. The days are rolling into a blur and those quiet days at home with just Emma have become scarcer than those hot summer days. But today was one of those rare days and oh how my heart sang and oh how Emma made me laugh. She is such a hoot and a holler and although I love her company if anyone is ever in need of a companion who wins your heart while transferring you to an enchanting world..... she is your girl.
Our day started with dropping the kids off and heading to the store and then to a thrift store where Emma found this sparkle plant.


She was thrilled with her discovering and happy to pay for this balloon weight we loaded back into the car and headed home. And on the way home I heard her true vision for this plastic concoction. "I am going to plant it and it is going to grow and we are going to have a huge sparkle tree in our yard and Dada is going to say, oh how nice, thank you Emma" Suddenly she lets out a huge gasp and exclaims, "it needs water, it is dying!!!" Trying not to laugh out loud at her obvious distress I try to calm her with reassuring words that I am sure that it is not dying. "It is dying one of the words fell off! Hurry mom we need to get it home and give it some water" So home we rush.... just in time to save her sparkle plant and place it safely in a pot with some dirt, sunshine, water and a sprinkle of love. Now we are just waiting to see what happens.....
She had me in stitches at bath time today as she wades around in her bathing suit that is more like a wet suit. It was guess the sound game and oh how her imagination is at work. Neigh, what is that Emma? A unicorn. Grrrr what is that Emma? A dragon Neighhhhhh what is that Emma? My little pony. soap soap soap what is that Emma? Soap silly as she bursts out laughing
And to end all days with a good wink at the world. She has been practicing for ages (along with moving her eyebrows up and down) and finally got it. So cute

Comments