I am really trying to blog. For reals, not just for pretends

I am really trying to blog, for reals but first Emma and now Leah have come into my five minutes of me time and out the wide open sliding door went all my thoughts. Yes that wide open sliding door that is letting in the first real Fall rains, winds and chills. And why would these beautiful, darling daughters want to interrupt my time and focus, well and I am quoting "we caught this really creepy ugly thing in the garage and look at it and tell us what it is cause it is really creepy" all being said as they inch an open bug container closer to my face.

So we are definitely nearing that dreaded part of the year..... coldness. But before it is freezing we get these really cool thunder storms while it is still 80 degrees outside and before we get these really cool thunder storms we get these really cool clouds.
Of course if it is going to rain for like five minutes than Emma has to get all her gear on and go dance in the rain.

So yesterday I watched the movie Julia and Julie (really enjoyed it) and the last 10 min of my life completely confirmed the fact that neither one of those ladies could have possibly accomplished what they did with children in tow. I was slightly inspired to pursue my own quests, not so much for an audience but for the perpetual pursuit of resolve, pride, and happiness with oneself. Yet as I finished the movie and was left on the edge of my seat dying to know if Julie actually ever met Julia, I looked at my messy house, my table strewn with unfinished projects, my three kids and realized that I am multiplying my chances of accomplished dreams by three. Yeah for me!!!!
These are just random pictures from the soccer park cause I was bored (don't tell Sam) and the clouds were very not boring.
So this day, last week Ian came home and said that he wanted to be a vegetarian for a month. After I literally swallowed my shock and fears I decided to completely embrace this challenge. A week later and we are doing good. I am daily gaining confidence in the kitchen. I even bought tofu, for the first time in my life, still don't know what I am going to do with it. So far I have made, curried lentils, potato soup, spaghetti, mushroom alfredo pasta, bean and corn enchiladas and according to spell check I do not know how to spell anything that I have made. I have been making everything from scratch, with fresh ingredients and last night after yet another crazy day that started the week before I broke down and bought frozen pizzas for dinner. Lets just say that my stomach went into a rumbling revolt and further committed my physical being to fresh foods. The vegetarian meals have me laughing, the general ones that people like are 1/2 cup of this, 1/2 cup of that and then 3 cups of cheese. Or there is this vegetarian cookbook from the 70s that Ian's mom lent me where pretty much every recipe requests wine or some kind of liquor oh and tomato paste. So what I can see is if I have wine, cheese, and tomato paste in my house than we will be set for the next month.
I can hardly say it without going into shock but we are in October. So to try and keep up with the days that go so fast I invited a friend over for witches brew (split pea soup.) Emma and I had fun decorating the table in anticipation of all things that are spooky but not scary, sneaky but not full of surprises. Emma said that we can be good witches and she will "just be me."

Wow I do not even know if this post will make any sense but I think that I have had like 10 minutes to myself. Well here is to storms, vegetarian meals, and everything that was thrown into the pot for good measure.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so glad you are enjoying your very special life. Great Pictures!
Muna
Anonymous said…
I just happened across your blog & I love it =]

www.dear-papaya.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
the post of a mom with 100 things going on a once ade perfect sense :)
wow vegetarian for a month
good for you guys. so wine=the key ingredient to being vegetation
don't think the boys in this house would be willing for even a day

adorable pictures of Emma in the rain
love you guys!
Danya