Three post rolled into one

So this entry is going to contain three different posts rolled into one cause it appears that I have entered yet another season of my life. A season that contains a lot of rolling.... rolling laundry, sweeping, and acting like a queen for my three year old princess into more than one moment, rolling friendships, sewing, and childcare into an afternoon, rolling love, laughter, and vegetarian dinners into my new evening plans, rolling hippies, tweets and babies into exciting baby showers. The trend of three different activities rolled into one time frame seems to have captured my mind and days, yet I find myself whistling my way through, laughing more often than ever, and absorbing the love that seems to be flooding in around me.

First Post:
It is apple season and I am loving it. As much as the thought of winter around the corner sends chills down my spine on this 91 degree day, God was wonderful enough to include little glorious benefits between and throughout seasons to help us get through them. For me fall is all about apples, the amazing display of colors on the trees, and cool evenings (like cool enough to have a fire outside and not feel like you are roasting yourself.)
Emma - "Mom can you help me find an apple?"
Sam picked his designated number than proceeded in true Sam fashion to throw all the fallen apples as far as he could. Thankfully there were not a lot of people picking apples that particular afternoon.
Leah and Lauren
All the cousins making mad faces, well at least Leah did not let us down.

Post 2

So last night Ian came home from work and said that he wants to go vegetarian for a month. I almost want to rename my blog to; Meat lovers gone vegetarian for a month.... Will they survive and what will they eat?
But before I go into details of this new blog I would like to go back to that moment when I realized that my darling husband was serious. First why would my meat and potato man want to remove one of his two basic food supplies from his diet? Well apparently it is a challenge, Ian feels that he enjoys food too much and wants to spend a month removing the main source of his enjoyment so that he can focus on higher or more spiritual matters. My response was well if that is the case than why don't we remove red meat and beer from our diet, and I should have added tobasco sauce just to make it really hard.
He quickly responded with, "ok you don't eat red meat and beer for a month and I will go vegetarian"
Wait a minute at what point did I get roped in on this challenge?
Then Ian with all serious looks at me and asks, "Can you go without beer for a month?"
"Oh sure I can, as long as we have wine."
So here we go again.... after a night and morning of thinking about it I really want to embrace this challenge. I think that it will be a lot of fun and boost my confidence in the kitchen along with opening new recipes to my rather meat and potato mind. So tonight on our first night of this quest we are having black beans and corn enchiladas. They actually look really good. And I think that for the following month I am going to try and post the ventures of our meat loving family on this vegetarian journey.

And finally post 3
Well this one is really just the usually cute ramblings of the kids.
We just got home from Sam's teacher-parent meeting and I want to scream it from my roof top, SAM IS DOING GREAT IN SCHOOL. His teacher said after the first week of Sam testing her, he has not given her any problems and is not only getting A's in his academics but is also getting A's in his behavior. Melt my heart happy.
I don't know if it is me or Leah or a combination of the both of us. Me, embracing the changes in her and not crying so much over the fact that my first baby is beginning to intertwine her childish self with areas of adulthood. Or Leah growing out of her childish self and childish ways and finding more areas of camaraderie with her crazy mother. Or the combination of them both but Leah and I are becoming good friends (there was a faze that I really felt that she did not like me.) I love it and want to enjoy it and cling to it as long as possible, preferably the rest of my life.
And then Emma who makes statements like, "I already told you tomorrow" and "Do mermaids wear underwear?" She is keeping my days busy and exciting and oh so colorful. She is daily getting smarter with her arguments and right now if anything is misplaced or askew than it is never her fault but a ghost came through. When asked who spilled the water, or who made this mess or who played with the blocks and did not put them away, Emma quickly and with all conviction answers, "oh a ghost was just here and did all of that, I don't think that he is coming back to pick it up so can you?"
Another thing that she is doing and cracks me up is acknowledging every American flag that she sees. So while driving or watching tv whenever she sees an American flag she will exclaim "American Flag" and if there are a few American flags than that means they are American. But what really cracks me up is that she will interject "American Flag" in the middle of any sentence that is coming out of her mouth at the moment of seeing the flag. So it is not uncommon to be driving along to the following conversation;
And Daddy is at work and then he American Flag is going to come home and we are going to eat dinner and I am going to show American Flag him my homework. And he is going to say, "good job Emma" and then I want to American Flag watch a movie.

Comments