tomorrow

Well tomorrow is our fourth anniversary... Yeah for us. We decided tonight to not get gifts for each other until it is our 25th anniversary but Ian's mom offered for the kids to spend the night at her house tomorrow so we just got the best gift a married couple with young children can get..... an undisturbed sleep-in. We have been going through a couples book which is bringing us closer and leaving us in stitches of laughter. What we have learned so far is that it is important that we touch once a day and laugh together once a day. Well Ian does not like to be touched during the summer (it's too hot for human contact) and I do not like to be touched during the winter (it's too cold for human contact) so it looks like we have a couple months in-between our no touch zones to show affection to each other. And then we are onto laughing together everyday. We verbally acknowledged that we have two very different funny bones in totally different locations but at least we both have healthy funny bones so if nothing else we can laugh at each other and ourselves.
Speaking of laughter, yeah so the kids are back at school and each and every day it is me and Emma. Nothing like a three year old to dictate how you spend your time and energy. So through Emma's encouragement we had a great birthday party for Hawthorne and his sister Anie. Streamers, balloons, and lots of doggy treats (non that made it to actual party time) but what had me shaking my head and laughing at myself was the homemade dog cake I made for the dogs. Thanks Emma, totally went out of my zone and laughed so much doing it.

One day we spent the entire day (and I am not kidding when I say entire day) placing and replacing fabrics all over the living room so that Emma could have a stage to dance like a princess. She even used some of the fabric to make a princess dress that covered, well it covered all the major parts.
Love her little cheeks hanging out. We were queens, princess, dolphins, unicorns, sea horses, and all things pretty. She asked me to put on princess music and after going through a lot of the music channels on tv and Emma getting frustrated with me I finally put on classical music only to see her face light up as she exclaimed, "See mom I told you you have princess music"

Once Leah returned from school she quickly and daintily joined in on the ballet act.
She might be in fourth grade but there is this little three year old princess in her that was dancing around the room with a beautiful smile on her face.
Yeah so did I mention that Emma and I spend all day together. Today we went to the park and just cause we could, we spent at least 45 min blowing bubbles. Hey you know when I was a girl that was always my dream..... when I grow up I just want to go to the park and blow bubbles for a hour surrounded by all the super high teens that are ditching school. I love how dreams come true.

Ok I don't know why other than it is a really cool shot but I love this picture. I was blowing the bubbles and she was popping them all so I held the camera in one hand and not knowing what I was taking a picture of just clicked. I think that sometimes those are the best pictures, well unless you are my size in a crowd, then you just get the shots of the back of peoples backs.
So Emma came up to me holding all four aces and asked if I would play war with her, I could even have all the rest of the cards.

So apparently since Sam does not have homework this week we still have to come up with some activities. This is what I walked out to after dinner. Can we say bath-time.
I could never express in words how happy my heart gets when I see that the man I love, my best friend is one of the most amazing dads I have ever seen.
Happy Anniversary hunny, Love you, love how you hold us all, love us all and take care of us all. You will always be my best friend and call me crazy but it seems like with each year of marriage we are getting closer, learning and falling deeper into love. I appreciate you, even if your funny bone is in the wrong place. Love to be close to you, even if we only hug through out fall and spring. Love how you tolerate me and vise-versa... we make a great team which comes in handy since for the most part of our time together it seems like it is us vs. the kids. Love you

Comments