Fishing and fresh trout

Emma - "Your the best bathing suit putter oner in the world and Dad is the best dinner maker"
Not the best of compliments considering I make dinner Mon-Fri but I will take them as they come. Actually Ian is a much better cook than I am and one of the favorite parts of camping is eating freshly caught trout.
Ian brought his fly fishing pole this year and managed to catch a few fish but we ended keeping and eating three of the fish he caught this year.
Aiden was not too sure if he really wanted to hold the squirming fish that Ian had just caught.
Grandma watched over Leah and Sam as they sat on OUR rock fishing. Actually the stream had just been stocked a couple hours earlier and there was a beautiful trout just beneath Leah who despite her patience and efforts was just not hungry. It finally swam away after Sam went into the water with a net.
I just loved watching Ian fly fish. If I had not had three little distractions I could have silently followed him around and watched this beautiful art of his. The bright lime green line was also fun to watch.
Ian would switch between his fly line and his regular pole depending on location or just to pass the time.
I love this picture of Ian and am glad that he was wearing such a bright orange shirt. The water is freezing and he would stand out there with numb feet casting and re-casting his line.
This is the one fish that Sam caught and my how evident his pride is and the pride written on his sisters' faces.

The girls loved to fish as well. After the second day Leah learned via Emma that if there is no hook on your line then it can not get caught on you or anything else. So off went Leah's hook and despite their lack of actual fish catching the girls had a blast casting and reeling in their lines.

Ok Susie I see you behind the kids and there are a couple things that I would like to talk to you about.
First, Leah said that you told her that horse taste really good.
Yeah thanks for that one, the other night Leah had a bad dream, she finally got a horse for herself and she got to ride it every day and then one morning she woke up and her horse was gone cause everyone ate it. Sob Sob And then everyone told her that her horse was the best tasting horse ever. Sob Sob "I just wish that people did not eat my favorite animal in the world"

Second, another Leah one but it resulted in a huge argument between Leah and Sam. Apprently you said that pigs are the smartest animals in world. Well this argument went on for a long time about which animal is the smartest animal in the world and it finally ended with Sam saying, "I am an animal and I eat pig for breakfast and sometimes for dinner, So I am smarter than pig"

There were a couple other Susie inspired conversations but the kids are at it again aka my time is up on the computer.
It was great camping with you Susie and I was so glad that you got to come.


Leah asked me this morning if spiders poop. Good question Leah and I imagine so but am going to have to look that one up.

Comments

Orange said…
Such cute pictures of such cute kids.
Susannah said…
lol, sorry rachel!