Where a kid can be a kid

The much anticipated day of Grandma and Grandpa taking the kids to Chuck E Cheese has arrived. I don't know who was more excited me or the kids. Me for having five hours by myself or the kids for the never ceasing excitement of all that Chuck E Cheese has to offer. Either way our morning was filled with energy and smiles. Sam of course was up at the crack of dawn going through every crevice of our house to find coins and quarters. He was just walking around with a beam as he held up two Chuck E Cheese coins and three quarters.
Unable to refrain from his contagious anticipation I sarcastically asked him, "Sam how come you get so excited about going to Chuck E Cheese?" His response just tickled me to the core, "Cause at Chuck E Cheese a kid can be a kid, and I really like being able to be a kid every so often, its good for me."
Ok now anyone who knows Sam knows that Sam is a kid being a kid 24/7 in fact even in the moments when he should act more like an adult are the moments when the kid comes out of him in full force. I work so hard to have these few years of them being a kid filled with moments, days, months, and years of them being able to be a kid. Yet apparently it is good for Sam to be given these opportunities every so often to be a kid. So thank you Chuck E Cheese for completely undermining all that I do on the daily basis to let my kids be kids.
On another note it got me to thinking how come there isn't a place for parents to be adults. You know like, Chuck N Eves Where a parent can be a grown up.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol...how wonderful that the Grandparents will take them to that lovely place"where a kid can be a kid"
I can't tell you how great it was to see you all! I will get around to posting pictures on my blog soooon I hope. love you guys and Enjoy your 5 hours of kid free time.
love you guys
Danya
Orange said…
They DO sell beer and wine at Chuck E Cheese now...