Summer storm

As a stay at home mom of three I am constantly thrilled over anything that is out of the norm. So when we had a summer storm the other night I was bouncing around with excitement. It was amazing as from our porch we could witness a lightning storm on either side of our town. The sky was an array of beauty, filled with movement, color, and mood. I had just put Emma to bed when the storms really started to come alive.

The kids had found their superhero capes earlier that day and in the sepia tone evening they felt filled with magical powers.
Leah was the orchestrator of lightning and upon her rock she would determine when the lightening would strike.

The kids had me in laughter as we ran from the front to the back of the house. All the creatures of the woods were awakened by the lightening as well and we enjoyed the company of deer, and a couple owls, which Sam said was part of his magic show.
There is just something always magical about this world we live in putting on an evening show for you.
I do not want to jinks it but I am currently at home alone. All three kids went to vbs and for only 15 dollars for the week it looks like I have 9-12 to myself. Oh the things I can get done..... like write on my blog, get ready for camping, and take a few breaths without Emma asking to be held, Sam asking to play a game and Leah watching I Love Lucy at a deathening volume.

Comments