Oh the things they say

This week has been a lazy week or maybe I have just been feeling lazy this week but either way the week has passed and we are quickly approaching Leah's 10th birthday and our camping trip. There is a huge part of me that does not want to acknowledge that my oldest child is shortly forever going to be leaving single digits and turning 10. 1. I do not feel old enough to have a ten year old daughter, 2. double digits is kinda for life and turning 10 seems to be the gateway of leaving childhood and entering tweenhood, teenhood, and all that is to come. I don't remember any of my birthdays growing up but I do remember when my older sister Yudi turned ten and how it was such a big deal (thanks to Marc and Safta.) I suppose due to that memory I have all kinds of butterflies in my stomach for my little baby girl who is quickly approaching the birthday that is such a big deal. Well Mama ready or not....
And camping oh I can't wait. All year and every year I can't wait to be camping with my family. I think of, dream of, and fantasize of the glorious days when we are camping. I am so excited.
Ok well onto the things they say,
Emma- "I love how you can eat broccoli one at a time."

Leah - "You don't know how hard it is to be a 9 year old these days"

Sam- "Are humans going extinct?"
Sam has been captivated about entire animal species going extinct. He is constantly asking which animals have gone extinct and which animals are going extinct, but when he asked me about the humans, well once again his little mind is at work.

Emma - "I don't want to get married"
Mom- "why not hunny?"
Emma- "I'm too small"
Mom - "Well how about when you are bigger?"
Emma - "No I am good"

Emma- "In our new house Grandma came over and I showed her how to eat one by one by one at a time"

While Emma and I were playing GUESS WHO, with only one last man still up she asked me, "Does he have lips?" I am thinking that being able to read and guess who my man is might come in handy otherwise she plays the game great.

Sam having a conversation with himself.
"So the lizard jumped out of my hand and then it jumped onto the car's tire and if mom had started driving then the lizard would have gone around and around until it was so dizzy that it would have fallen off. But when it's head stopped spinning it would have looked around and said, I don't know where I am but at least I got away from that dog and that human."

Sam- "Hawthorne and I like to go lizard hunting together. If Hawthorne catches the lizard first than he eats it but if I catch the lizard first than Hawthorne does not eat it and I can put it on his head and Hawthorne won't do anything. So if the lizards were smart they would let me catch them and not Hawthorne."

Sam - "Mom, can I go to the neighbors yard? I promise to put everything back"




Comments