I HAVE A TEN YEAR OLD!!!!


OK I am going to make this blog quick due to the wonderful fact that we are going camping tomorrow and I am already exhausted with so much still to do.
My oldest child said goodbye to her single digits forever yesterday. On her forever last day of being nine I was a complete sap. As eager as Leah was to be turning ten there followed an equal amount of sorrow in me to see my baby entering double digits.











She is such a goober with an amazing smile and an even more amazing heart.
For her birthday she wanted to go to Rollerama with a friend. I loved seeing her enjoy her day of being the center of attention. Sam was not as good at roller skating and would often be found taking a break in the middle of the rink.










Leah's Favorites while she was nine
color- blue
game - old maid
food- fish and chips
clothes - my pink wollen shirt and black pants and pink hat
animal - horses
book - my big horse book
memory - when I got an A++ on my animal report
And finally when I am 10 I can have more responsibilities.


And since Leah herself wanted more responsibilities we got Leah a half decent camera for her birthday, explaining now that she is ten we can trust her to take care of her items. That evening after a complete sugar high and chasing her two friends around the room to take their picture. Leah did something and her camera would not work any longer. Ian and I were in our room trying to get it to work again and I overheard Leah in tears to her friends, "This is the worst thing ever!!! My mom finally gave me something to be responsible with and I broke it on the first day. I am not ready to be 10 and have these kinds of responsibilities *sob sob* but I want a camera so much and I want my mom and dad to trust me with everything and here I am breaking it on the first day of trust." Oh the glorious emotions that come with being ten.
I love my, learning to be responsible, 10 year old. I am still so sad in my heart that she has left the single digits but am so thrilled to travel down this next lane of life with her, and maybe every so often we might just put our skates on and cruise for a while.

Comments