Yelling the language


It's Father's Day and so of course it got me to taking a deeper moment of appreciating Ian. Words cannot begin to capture the respect and appreciation I have towards the man our kids call dad. He has my heart and it is very happy. Ian not only has my heart but he has the heart of our children. They love him, respect him, love to spend time with him, repeat all that he does and join in on whatever he is doing. It thrills me to think of the wonderful living example he is daily displaying for the kids. He does not tell the kids to walk in a specific manner but he peacefully walks in a manner, with outstanding character, that continually creates a desire in the kids to walk in the same way. What completely wins my heart over, time and time again, is Ian's heart of being a dad. He teaches respect, loyalty, character, love, consideration, humor, and family are the most important things in life. Who you are is beautiful and life is about enjoying each other and life itself. Life is a journey and being a dad creates many an adventure which I see Ian face with a open and learning heart full of love and goodness for his family, for his children. Love is the loudest language and I am so thankful that the dad of our kids speaks loud in the language of love, sometimes even yelling it (literally).

He leads the kids and walks beside them.....

He provides amazing food and a love for time together
He works hard with never a complaint, providing for all our needs with eagerness and a willing heart
Leah's card/poem:
Thank you for all the things you did for me.
You might be small but your heart is huge.
No matter how you act I love you too.

F-faithful
A-awesome
T- thoughtful
H - healthy
E- enoying (annoying) sometimes
R- ready for anything
S- star watcher
Sam's card:
love, love, love dad, love dad
thank you dad for taking care of me
F- funny
A- amazing
T - trustworthy
H- happy
E- excellent
R- responsible
S- strong
Emma's card:
I love you. You make me feel that I love my daddy. You make me laugh when you love me. My favorite thing to do with my daddy is decorations. My every food to eat with daddy is eggs. I love my daddy this much, like closer to my house. My daddy like to make me dinner. Do you love me? Yeah, ok, Thank you
Happy Father's Day
We love you

Comments

Orange said…
And I dreamed last night that you bought Emma a new pet, a baby hippo! And Ian saved it from a marauding panther by swinging the panther by his tail. It was a Pecos Bill moment.