Summer fever

I am starting to get summer fever and I am loving it!!!! The best part of summer is getting to repeat all the smiles of my childhood with my kids, creating new smiles as I am absorbing their smiles. So to kick off our summer we went and found some mud......

And of course a pond with some tadpoles....
Emma kept catching them and throwing them back into the water
Sam caught a lot and then tried to see how many he could catch with his hands
And Leah just kept filling up her net....
And hands with as many tadpoles as she could
The afternoon lost in the world of mud and tadpoles.... :)
At first Leah was very proud that she brought her rain-boots as she could wade through the water
Until she went a little too far and her boots became the best buckets, water and tadpoles included
After the tadpoles Emma wanted to go catch a fish for her daddy in the big lake
But they all settled on a picture to capture a wonderful day.
I love it, we have rain boots, snow boots, dora sandals, and three big grins. I told the kids they could each bring 5 tadpoles home and we would be back in a month to take on the frogs. I can't wait. I am not surprised in the least that my children love mud, bugs, and tadpoles but I am grateful that I get to enjoy these days with them doing something we all love.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are such a good mom.
Muna