Equipped with tabasco sauce

Well last night our power went out, actually I think that it went out all over town. In the middle of my put-me-to-sleep show everything turned off including the bathroom light that we keep on for the kids. Initially I was annoyed and after the third time the power went back on for moments and then off again I went to see if anyone else had power. After gazing out our window and seeing no one in town with power I went outside to see the stars (they were amazing) and as I was soaking in the beauty of visibility of so many constellations I heard a kid crying out of fear. At first I thought, oh those neighbors got a freaked out kid, they are going to have fun with that one, then I realized that it was coming my girl's room. So I stubbled and felt my way to the girls room to find that Leah had woken up and was freaking out cause she was scared due to the complete lack of light in the house. I reassured her that everything was going to be ok, tucked her in and went to bed. Less than ten min later I heard from her bed, "Mom I need to pee and I can't see my way to the bathroom." With a sigh I stubble out of bed and feel my way over to Ian's bedside table thankful that he usually always has a flashlight there. Feeling my way around his table, over the crackers, books, remote, glass of water I finally grab hold of a cold, narrow object. Turning around, again mentally thanking Ian that he is such a flashlight fanatic, I run my hand down the side of the object looking for the button to turn the light on only to run into a paper wrapper. Only then and five feet from his bedside table do I realize that I was getting ready to assist my daughter, to go to the bathroom, in the dark with a tabasco bottle. I gently returned Ian's beloved tabasco bottle to it's proper place (his bedside table) and proceeded to find a candle which worked out much better than leaving little drops of tabasco sauce on the floor telling Leah to follow the scent to the toilet.

Comments

Orange said…
You mean tabasco sauce doesn't glow in the dark? I missed the whole power outage last night until I woke up to Scott smacking the bedroom clock against the dresser. He was trying to figure out how to make it stop blinking without turning on the light so he could actually SEE the buttons.