But I like calling you mom

Emma at the computer while I was on our bed, -"Dad" turning around "hey you are not dad" coming off her chair and within an inch from my face, "but you do have short hair, and you do like fire, and you do like hot (tabasco)" and then with a grin she continued, "And you like hot fire, and warm fire but I like calling you mom" Ummmmm thanks Emma

In one of those numerous moments of raising Sam when he is all over the place, "Sam stop pushing my buttons"
Sam with all the coolness that he could muster came up within inches of me, thoroughly looking me over from head to feet, "I don't see any buttons I could push"

Leah although almost 10 still has some cute names for things, like when she is yelling from the kitchen, "Mom can I have a slice of antelope (cantaloupe?)" Shortly followed by Sam, "Mom if I don't push your imaginary buttons anymore can I have some antelope too?"

Yep so far we are having a great summer. I have banned all electronics i.e. tv, computer, and wii until after dinner which for our house seems to work well. We are definitely talking more or in my case listening more. I love to hear what comes out of their mouths, how their little, crazy minds are working and their viewpoints of life.
I am having the kids keep a journal that they have to write in everyday. Yesterday Leah came up to me and asked for some suggestions on what she should write about. By the third rejected suggestion I said, "Why don't you write about if you were a mom what you would do with your kids" Her eyes got big as she responded with "that would be freaky" then quickly walked away. Love it :)

Comments