And it's summer

Well today did not feel like summer but in my mind it is summer just the same because yesterday was the kids last day of school. I insanely love my kids and am so proud of them. No longer do I have a first and third grader, they have fled those nests and are continually expanding their wings. Ian and I took them to Thai food (for the first time) on their last day of school and oh how I wish I had my camera. They were a hoot and a holler with their chop sticks, loved the food and asked if we could eat Thai food once a week. We are now onto making all our wonderful plans for summer. I know there are many a moment that I wish I could drop them off at school for the day but there are more moments that I am thrilled to no end to have all my kids with me for each and every day. Glorious summer..... the mere thought gets me giddy.

And in true fashion of any celebration we had a dance session to kick up our heals to another chapter passed and to all the exciting adventures yet to come.
Emma is thrilled to have her big sis home.... yeah another girl in the house who likes painting toe nails just as much as she does.

The other day Sam desperately needed something to do so I sent him outside with my camera with clear instructions to take pictures of things that he sees as beautiful. I love what he came back with.
Shadows and flowers are beautiful
Apparently I am too although I was out there to make sure that he did not take any underwater pictures.
The toys on the roof would be beautiful if you were the one to put poor woody and the cheeky monkey on tile exile.
Of course your big sister would be beautiful
And finally this beautiful flower that was in our house but as he was about to give me the camera he quickly grabbed it back and announced, "just a min I see something else that is beautiful"
To my beautiful children, to a beautiful school year passed and to a beautiful summer to come.

Comments