Today

I have really wanted to post a post about my wonderful mother's day weekend but have been insanely busy so right now I am just going to post about today.
I feel like, as Sam would say, poop. I have been wanting to go to bed and sleep off my head cold all day but instead I found myself taking care of five kids, cleaning the girls room (in-depth) *shudder, made chicken stew, banana bread, did laundry and of course the general up-keep of the home.
Sam had a t-ball game today which would have been hysterical but due to the nasty weather and me being under the weather it was just funny instead. Between the girl who ran like she had flippers on her feet and the dad that had to come out to the outfield to grunt between his clenched teeth to his petite little boy, "quit flipping everyone off or I am going to break that finger" and never to fail the endless amount of kids that get bored with standing for more than 10 seconds and discover new games to play with their mitts or the grass or the ladybugs or anything within an arms reach of where the coach had placed them. And then there was Sam who had grabbed a left handed glove and was thus not catching or throwing anything cause he was using his wrong hands, he then went on to argue with the coach where the third baseman should be standing and once he resigned himself to stand where he should be he proceeded to just lie down and try to make whoever was on third base laugh. I marched out there and literally made him jump when I barked, "Are you done playing? Then listen to your coach"
There was no way that I was going to be keeping four kids in check, freezing and my head throbbing while Sam just did whatever. Well currently the kids are being fed and I am venting (if you had not noticed) and awaiting for either Ian or Mayra to show up so that I can go to bed and sleep of this dang head cold.
And then onto tomorrow......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope you feel better soon.
lol about kids during baseball games.
See here it works out quite nicely half the games and half the practices are pretty much guaranteed canceled every season due to rain/storms NW weather soo the few times a game is not canceled kids are so excited to be there they don't get as bored
Works well for me :)
love you and get some rest
Danya
p.s Sam looks awfully cute playing Ball!