Taking back from facebook

I was talking to my brother last night and he said that I have not been blogging that much lately. "I know, it is just easier to facebook the kids one liners instead of blogging" My brother (who had my blog printed) said but facebook is temporary but a blog is forever. I love my brother. So I am spending this morning with music in my ears and taking back from facebook.


Another reason that I have not been blogging lately is that for the last week or so I have been reading a book about insecurities. I was primarily drawn to the book cause I was fed up with my insecurities influencing my relationships. Yet during the last week I have felt that my soul's guts have been removed, exposed to light, analyzed, and cleaned. Now I am in the process of returning my soul's guts to their previous place and facing life better equipped and healthier. It is going to be a while but I am glad that I went under the knife of my own analytical self and can't wait to see the progress in my self. I am throwing this into my post cause I wanted to have a reference point to look back on and say, "since this date look how much more secure I am"


Ok now onto the kids..... oh my blessed kids. I took some of my one liners from facebook and thought that this first one perfectly starts out my facebook take-back .


I really. really like my kids. They are uniquely crazy enough that for the most part they are enjoyable. Especially Sam who is currently sitting on the toilet belching out Grand Ol Fwag


My kids are unique and crazy and I can't love them enough. I am so glad I am their mom, so glad they are who they are, and can't wait to go camping with them.


Apparently when asked what I put into a meal I must say, "Everything but the kitchen sink", all too often cause today when Emma and I were in the store ready to check out she said, "Mom we are getting everything IN the kitchen sink."


Emma never ceases to amaze me. Her personality is a bursting ray of sunshine. This last week she has learned how to write her first name and now we have Emmas popping up on every piece of exposed paper and tablecloth.


"Mom you have GOT to see this. It is AWESOME!! You have to see it. Look it is the moon for the whole wide, wide world." I want to be three again.


One of the best parts of being a stay at home mom to Emma is that everything is so amazing and she notices EVERYTHING. With spring in the air and wildflowers bursting out Emma does not pass a patch of flowers without exclaiming with new found delight, "It's Springing"


Just had to convince an older man that he had not seen Emma's face on tv. Once I confirmed that I was indeed her mom and would know if she had been on tv he seemed hesitantly resigned to walk away not at all convinced that I was right.


I know that Emma is beautiful and although she gets complimented on her hair every-time we go out in public I always mentally follow their compliment with, "it's a tangled mess comprised of half dread locks, half curls but hey enjoy" Yesterday while we were at the store an older lady asked Emma where she go her curls from, Emma responded with ,"From Safta" what the lady heard was, from Santa. The older lady turned to me with a horrified look on her face, "Did she just say that she got her curls from Santa?" I had to reassure her that I was not fairy-telling up Emma's daddy and that Emma had said Safta which means Grandma.


Well here we go onto Sam, I can't even type his name without a half grin, half wince spreading across my face. I love my boy to no end but boy does he challenge everything and everyone. He is insanely smart, creative, mischievous, adventurous and as a Calvin and Hobbes book has slowly been read through I was very much prompted to write this one liner on facebook...


I am so glad that Sam does not have a Hobbes


After Ian connected the dots he quickly responded with, "Sam already has a Hobbes, He is yellow, fat and goes by the name of Hawthorne (our dog)" I knew that Ian was more than correct. Which walks right into my next line from facebook...


Asking Sam to be calm is like asking a fish to please breath out of the water


He is slowly getting better but there are still more moments than not where calmness is obtainable to Sam like quietness and peace is to me in those moments.


Sam is currently crying cause he does not know what he would do if he were president (homework) well there goes a dream for my child that I never had


Sam is a leader, president, NO. He proceeded to say that he would want a water slide at school and to only eat broccoli.


Sam just got gum stuck in his hair and his friends hair. So far I have tried three different methods and threatened them both with bald patches. Sam is banned from gum for life.


Well I have been watching two other kids everyday, one which happens to be Sam's friend since preschool and who also happens to be a very good follower. That boy will follow Sam into every stupid idea, every dangerous quest and all with a giggle. This combo encourages Sam into some mother-frustrating situations. I just wish that one or both of them would grow up and get a brain but then again I suppose that this is what childhood is all about.... getting gum stick in your hair and your friends hair. I would like to add that without my knowledge Sam went ahead and cut a nice little bald patch on his head. His friend just sat down to watch tv as if half his head was not clumped together.


Leah oh Leah, on the ride to school this morning Sam exclaimed, " Leah when you are 13 you can be a teenager" Following their conversation you are not entitled to be considered a teen until there is a teen in your age but following my daughter around there is no waiting for the teen in her age she is already displaying numerous signs of a teen invasion. I am actually loving this stage in my first born. She is old enough to know a lot but still such a young child.


Leah - We should get a flag for our house.

Dad- What kind of flag should we get?

Leah - An American state flag or a McDonald's flag.


I strongly believe that if Leah can come out of her childhood with a close friendship with her brother than she will have succeeded in life. She struggles with Sam like only a sister and brother can struggle with each other. So it is not very often that sentiments of love, concern, and affection arise from my little lady but when she came to be in tears with the following statement I got a fuzzy warm feeling inside,


Leah after accidently poking Sam in the eye, "I damaged him again. That is the second time in his life that I have damaged him."


Mind you she has injured Sam a whole lot more than twice in his life but I loved her use of the word damaged. I just mentally envisioned Sam as a grown up explaining why he is not functioning well, "My sister damaged me when I was a child, just put me down as a damaged good"


And oh the drama, now anyone who knows me knows that I am not a drama queen, in fact I will avoid drama like a pedicure or like a mall queen would camping, so you can only imagine the kind of response from me that my little drama queens get when they are in the mental minute of drama. It is usually met with, "get over yourself" So the following conversation really sent me into a smiling fit.


Leah - Emma don't be such a drama queen.

Mom- Yes Emma we only have room for one drama queen in a family at a time.

Leah -Yeah and until I move out that is my job (smiling)


Well there we have it... I have successfully spent an hour on the computer with music in my ears, taken back from facebook and I feel really good about it. Thank you brother for the motivation.

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you rachey, your the best