St Patty's Day part 2

Well I am glad to announce the Leprechaun did make an appearance. Unfortunately we did not catch him but he left his green footprints all around. I tell you we could have really used that pot of gold but all we got was stolen pennies, a note that said, Can't catch me but thanks for the money and a chocolate gold coin. There was evidence that he had relieved himself in the kids toilet as the water was found green in the morning, and he had taken a walk around our fridge turning a few eggs green.
I proceeded to make the kids egg salad sandwiches for lunch at school and when they informed me, after school, that their egg salad was all green, I responded with shock that when I had made the salad it was white thus confirming to us that the cheeky Leprechaun was still in our house. My enjoyment always comes with the ride to school the morning after the Leprechaun has been to visit, as the kids point out all the things he has turned green. This year it was the stumps of some cut down trees and having a little cheekiness in me I passively made the comment that I thought that the green truck had been blue yesterday. Come Saturday the kids pointed out to Dad the truck that now remains green was once blue and the Leprechaun must have been up to all kinds of mischief over there.
The kids concluded that the Leprechaun only leave areas green where he has been mischievous cause if he left green marks every where he went, than we would be able to follow him and catch him. Makes sense to me.
And conclusion of the mischievous Leprechaun, well one day Sam said that he saw it sneak out the door and run away, the same day he said that he scared it so bad that it just poofed into thin air never to be seen again and finally he said that he thinks Hawthorne must have eaten it cause Hawthorne keeps burping and it must have been the Leprechaun.

Comments