Our roof

As the sun begins to spread rays of warmth, that we actually feel, I feel once again pleased to send the kids outside to play between dinner time and bedtime. Their shrieks of delight and laughter trickle in and instead of a warm fuzzy feeling engulfing me I am apprehensive of what exactly is the cause of all those laughters. For you see it is the boys that are letting out those shrieks and laughter.
Lets get some history, as in yesterday, I made dinner, served dinner and sat dazed on the couch after battling a fever all day and apparently losing. Saying no to the wii, computer and tv I sent the kids outside to play. My daze was quickly interrupted as I hear Ian yelling, "What in the World" followed by Abraham and Emily sopping through the house with wet clothes. I follow the trail of water and mud to find that the kids had made a pond on the side of the house aka leaving the hose on for an hour and watching the sloped in area nicely fill up with water and mud. "We were just making a pond" was Sam innocent response followed with "and then Abraham fell in."
So today as I was gazing at our trash and toy strewn back yard with a beautiful mud patch I glanced up to our roof where I stood entranced by the amount of items that decorated our house's hat. There were no less than a be-dozen rocks, what appears to be a turtle, an armless spider-man, a few stuffed animals, and no less than a dozen or so remnants of what appears to have previously been toys. This is what keeps the boys entertained?!? Throwing everything and nothing onto the roof of our house. The acres of land, the forest of trees, the mounds of rocks to climb, the swing set, and their own imagination apparently have no appeal when there are items and a roof.
So as you can see as the boys are outside and their shrieks of delight and squeals of laughter trickle in I am barely left at peace of mind, no instead with every new shriek and squeal I find myself jumping up and gazing out just to ensure that they have not decided to see if Emma is a willing candidate to join their delightful collection on our roof.

Comments