Ladybug adventure


Well today started out like any other Saturday, biscuits and gravy for breakfast, clean up, relax, and play some games until my friend suggested we go to mountain park to let the kids run around a little. Wonderful, they need to get out, lets go. Pile five kids, two adults and a fat dog into the car and off we go. The kids and dog thought it was great and enjoyed the mini forests amongst the left over snow. Meanwhile Emma and I are observing outside of the kids mini forest when she spots a ladybug. Ahhh Emma it is so cute and it is just a baby. Then looking down I noticed that we are in the middle of the entire Tehachapi ladybug nursery. Under every leaf and between every pine needle there were nests of ladybugs. I mean thousands. Emma on the tail-end of being sick just started freaking out. Screaming that they are all over her and she is squishing them. The other kids did not have any hesitation to enjoy their new discovery and loved covering their arms with the ladybugs or hold a leaf covered with the little guys. After a bit the kids were done interacting with the moving forest floor of ladybugs and we loaded them up and headed to Rite Aid. Well Sam apparently was not done with them and had filled his hat with hundreds of ladybugs. On the way to the store the hat spilled and for the rest of the ride to the store we were consumed with Sam and his friends laughter as the ladybugs began to take over the car and the seat in front of theirs. Which happened to hold Leah who screamed hysterically over every ladybug that was on her or she thought that was on her, which led to Emma screaming hysterically because if there is one on Leah then there is one on her, which led to the boys in the back laughing all the harder cause this turned out to be one of the best unplanned pranks on his sisters yet.
I do not know how but we made it to Rite Aid and while ordering the kids ice scream I glance down at the floor to find no more than a dozen ladybugs that had hitched a ride into Rite Aid. Trying to keep my composure I proceed with ordering the ice scream until Emma also notices the trail of ladybugs and begins screaming hysterically and climbing onto my shoes so that hers would not be on the ground. Frantically slapping at her jeans thinking that a ladybug had climbed up her leg. So with as much grace I could muster and leaving behind our trail of dripped ice scream and ladybugs we load everyone back into the car only to notice ladybugs have taken over my car. On the roof, seats, steering wheel, and God only knows where else. I spent the rest of the ride home convincing my two year old that what actually is, is not. No Emma there is no ladybug on you, you are ok, No Emma there is no ladybug on your seat or on the roof or next to you, its ok hunny, we will get through this and we will be ok.
Well the kids spent the evening getting every ladybug out of the car so that we can go see dad in Bakersfield tomorrow. And I, well I came home and poured myself some wine and began to think about all the live animals that Sam has brought into my car and how I am so over it.
I will have to dedicate another blog about the life of my pour car but not tonight, tonight I am just working on finishing my wine and going to bed.



Comments

Unknown said…
lol...poor Emma and Leah
hysterical story though that I'm sure they will never forget
Ladybug ice cream anyone??

I'm sure you will be finding ladybugs in your washing machine for a long time to come.
glad Sam got a kick out of it

I would have been sooo grossed out

love you guys
Danya
RN said…
I know that I spelled ice cream wrong but i just wanted to cover as much of the screams that I could.