We all need to laugh sometimes ....

Yeah I have been a little insanely busy lately and then this morning I awoke in time to catch this amazing sunrise. The beauty of it forced me to stop and think that with the changing of the weather (to the worse in my opinion) I need to stop and laugh more and enjoy those mere seconds of beauty in each day.
You know those seconds, like this morning when I would have loved another 20 min in bed but hey it is just after six and Emma is up and running, telling Hawthorne in her loud whisper to be quiet. So grudgingly I get up, try not to trip over Hawthorne, who is eagerly trying to crawl under my bed. Only then to try and not trip over Emma, who is holding onto Hawthorne's tail as he is, I could only imagine, painfully pulling Emma under the bed with him.
At this point I feel obligated to open my eyes only to be greeted by Emma who is now on top of my bed and facing me with her big blue eyes only inches from my just opened and blurry visioned eyeballs. "Good morning mom, I watch Dora, SHHHHH mom Sam asleep, I watch Dora, good morning mom" Still waiting for some sort of clarity to come into my vision and groggy mind, Emma has proceeded to grab my hand, placing the remote in my other hand and pulled me into the living room. " I watch Dora mom, ShHHHH Leah asleep" Finding myself realizing that once again I have a good 16 hour day ahead of me and my first task is to rub the sleep out of my eyes so that I can find that @!*@! Dora so that my darling will stop screeching at me to be quiet cause Leah and Sam are asleep.
Yeah so the delight to turn around and see this sunrise made the last 10 min of the beginning of another long day into a more colorful awakening than I could have asked for.
Sam did wake up less than 2 min later despite all of the Shhhh Emma did to her rather silent and somber mother and thus began the chaos that I call my life. Get dressed, make your beds, make lunches, get breakfast, throw some laundry in, do the dishes, clean the counters, get the kids in the car with their backpacks and shoes on and look it is only 8:30. The one smile that I love every morning is that Emma asks me if I have my curse (my purse) and depending on the day I am tempted to inform her that I have all three of my curses who happen to be my biggest blessings in the same breath.
So to all the mothers out there who have a curse, sometimes those little curses of ours are the reason we get to catch a beautiful sunrise.

Comments

Orange said…
Thank you for taking pictures of it. We were at school early and didn't have the camera with us and I so wanted a picture. I figure we are only allotted so many sunrises and sunsets in life, and it is important to stop and appreciate them.
Anonymous said…
amazing pictures. Emma dd not want you to miss it.Muna