Remembering who we are...

The other day as I was cleaning/rearranging the living room I came across an old Christmas present I had given to Ian. It was a book I had made compiled of all our emails to each other while he was in Europe for five weeks. You know that time in our life when we realized how much we were in love with each other and that we really wanted to grow old together. There is nothing like your own written history to make you reflect on who you were and how far you have come.
An old friend once told me that, "who we are never changes but what we are never stops changing."
Or maybe it is the other way around... I don't know it was like 12 years ago but anyhow that quote has always stuck with me (even if it is backwards.) I love reading through a personal history book, and seeing how that basis of who I am through out the pages and time is the same but how much I have changed in dealing with people, myself, and trials has changed. I guess we are never done changing but the sooner we acknowledge and appreciate who we are, the sooner we love life and all the changes that come our way forcing us to change. And no I am not on any drugs this is just part of who I am and how I think and yes you can feel sorry for me cause even I get confused sometimes.

On another note Sam has been wanting to grow up and be a fireWOMAN for the last week. So Yeah. As much as I want to support my kids and their dreams.... well lets just say that I am not paying for any hospital bills.

Leah is driving us nuts with her talking back and last night we could have gone to the moon with all the steam coming out of our ears. "STOP TALKING BACK AND HAVING AN ANSWER FOR EVERYTHING!!!!" "I don't have an answer for everything" AHHHHHH

Emma has been informing me every time that I am driving that I am going as fast as a car. And that Dad does not live in our car.....(very tempted to end the sentence here) he lives in his car.

Comments