Dog Park Social Bubble The Sequel

Well we survived another day at the dog park and I have decided that I will never be a full pledged member. The following top five reasons that brought me to this conclusion are as follows:

1) I have small children.

2) I do not talk or treat my dog like a small child.

3) I will never bake my own doggy treats.

4) I feel no desire to greet every dog by name as they enter.

5) I do not talk for my dog to the other dogs.
For example after a rather rough frenzy, "MoJo wants to make sure that everyone is ok." "Well Buddy wants to say that he is sorry for getting so wound up and excited."

These dog park social bubble interactions have completely confirmed to me that I appreciate dog lovers but cannot stand dog people.
You ask, What is the difference? Well let me expand, a dog lover is someone who loves dogs, views them and treats them like man's best friend but a dog just the same.
A dog person is someone who treats their furry four legged friend as a child with all the same emotions of a human.
A dog lover will come up to Hawthorne, pet him, say what a nice dog he is, maybe even say hi to Emma and proceed with their day.
A dog person will see us approaching quickly pick up their rat like dog, that is dressed appropriately for the weather, place her cherished being in their 300 dollar stroller. Eye Hawthorne with disdain and Emma with complete uncertainty. Proceed to verbally reassure her rattish dog that it is ok and then ask if we want to say hi to Princess. Meanwhile Emma thinking that there is something cute in a nice stroller will go to say hi only to be met with a snarling, yapping little, ugly beast. Sending her into tears of fear and Princess' owner into a panic to comfort her dog that its ok and nothing is going to hurt her.
Screw the dog, your 5 pound Princess just made a two year crap her diaper, and nearly made teeth marks on her hand.
(I have to add that the above story did not happen at the dog park but by the coast but it happened just the same)

So all in all here is to dog lovers and here is to all the rest. I just want to take my dumb fat dog to the park and let him run around.

Comments

Orange said…
Thanks for the update. I needed a laugh before BTS night.