Another day gone to the dogs

Well we went to the dog park this morning and once again I just feel like I was transfered to another dimension. A dimension where dogs are all that matters. Where I hear and partake in the conversation only to walk away mentally reviewing just how weird dog dimension is.
Although the park was quiet today (only two dogs) there were still numerous moments when I was sucked in to their altered outlook on life.
Like when I was standing with Emma and one lady was trying to engage in conversation with her and unlike most adults who will share their name with Emma and ask her what her name is. This lady was asking Emma if she knew what the dogs names were and then proceeded to introduce Emma to the dogs by their names. The whole time I have in the back of my head that Emma knowing the dogs name while the dog is playing tug a war with her dress is not going to help. Emma needs to know the owners name so that her yelling a name might have some effect on the situation.
Or when the same individual was talking about living in Tehachapi and how she had told her husband that she is willing to try anything for a college thing, you know like a 3-5 year experience.
Ok I have to pause right here and just take a moment on that statement. I always thought that college was the time in your life to get a degree and move forward in life. Yet apparently I was wrong, it is just merely a thing that can take 3-5 years, kinda like your infancy and toddler years. You know it is great having that attitude where you are willing to try anything for a 3-5 year experience. Really such a shame that the most of us grow up and out of that mentality.
Anyhow so apparently she had done her college thing here in Tehachapi and proceeded the conversation with this statement, and I have to directly quote cause it is that profound, "The world is my oyster, so why am I living here and there are other dog parks out there."
Well she does have a point, there are other dog parks out there, so really she does not HAVE to stay in Tehachapi. Especially since her oyster seems to have become her dog and the pearl is only one great awesome dog park.

Part of the conversation that I overheard was when a man and a woman were talking about insecurities in their spouses and the man proceeded to tell her that so his wife does not get jealous about him hanging out with her he just refers to her as the mojo lady. I had to laugh cause there is nothing reassuring about a nick name like that, even if you know that her dog's name is mojo.

Yep a couple other topics that tickled my humor today but I have to go clean the kitchen. So if you are like me and do not do drugs but find other dimension very entertaining, try your local dog park.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol...those stories seriously crack me up and man you are good at writing!
Brown Eyed Girl said…
I must be a crazy dog person, because I think that all the situations are completely normal. When I'm at the dog park, I also never bother to inquire about people's names, just their pets. I don't really care what their name is, just their dog. Maybe because if I wanted new human friends, I would go to a place where humans hung out. but I don't. Besides, I never see the same humans again.. You should come to my dog park someday. Then you can have more stories about crazy dog people. :)

My verification word is= surrima (the name of my next dog) :)