Fist day of school, big nuts and little nuts, and the unlucky finger



Well the kids finished their first week of school, it went well given they were eagerly anticipating their return to school, it was only three days, and we do not have to be out the door till 8:40 in the morning.
On the first day Sam said that his teacher was mean and kicked him, so that is a good sign. To his mother it just translates that his teacher is on top of things and does not permit any boyish antics/mischief. On Friday he gave a couple of boys his middle finger which would have sent me into madness if not for the fact that a couple of weeks earlier he had asked me if his middle finger was the unlucky finger. So in his mind after these two boys had pushed him around he was showing great self control and just gave them his unlucky finger aka putting bad luck on them. Yeah we had to talk to him about the severity of him putting bad luck on other people by using his middle finger.
Leah is annoyed cause Sam can now chase her around at recess time and as she clearly stated, "my recess time is to be spent with friends not chased around by my little brother who does enough of that at home."
Emma and I have enjoyed the long hours that we spend together. We have our cleaning time, lunch time, homework time, outside time and then we are off to get Leah and Sam from school at Grandma's class. All very exciting.




I asked Sam what he wanted for breakfast and his answer was eggs. Moments after giving them to him he returned to show me that they now have eyes. Yep first morning of school and Sam was gearing up to be creative. I just hope that his teacher has a sense of humor or we are in for a long year.

Emma came up to me on our first day together and stated with concern in her eyes,
"I have big nuts and little nuts"
Thinking to myself that I do too I asked her what we should do about her nuts.
She then clutched her hair and said we need to wash it and brush it.
It was only then that I realized that my curly cause of existence was becoming aware of all the knots that her hair seems to create on a moment by moment basis.
So off to the shower we went to put in the magic soap that washes the nuts away and so mommy could take off the pokeys on her legs so "the ants won't get them."
Wouldn't it be nice if we really did have a magic soap that could wash out all of the nuts in our lives?




First day of school picture. It is mandatory, and thankfully Leah knows this and helps in rallying up the troops just to get it over with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
happy first week back at school
wow do you guys start early
Glad it went well for Sam and Leah..poor Leah I can only imagine how uncool it is to be chased around by your little brother
it must be hilarious what she says to her friends about her brother Sam

lol so cute Emma's curly hair knots concerns

I have spend hours untangling Brooklyns that turn into dreadlocks that need to be cut out
love you guys
adorable pictures! Leah, Sam and Emma couldn't possibly get any cuter