Nine years ago....

Three weeks ago, plus nine years, I found out that I was having a girl. My first thought was that I don't do barbies (don't ask me I was pregnant) and then I thought ok I can do this but what if Horror of Horrors she is girlie. Well as my dad used to tell me about my siblings, "their personalities are in my life to teach me to grow" so my nine year old daughter has taught me that being girlie is a blast (just do not ask me to join in on everything.) This year she wanted a tea party and I went tea/girl crazy. Mind you I did find myself sitting in the aisle at Target reading the back of every cosmetic thingy to figure out what it was and what it was used for and I did have to call my father-in-law to ask what doilies are used for but all in all it was a great party. The kids drank real tea, painted nails, decorated cookies and aprons, and had all sorts of yummy sweets along with sandwiches cut into little triangles.

Well the day started out with this beautiful sunrise.......






























































And ended with a couple deer in our front yard which has not happened in over a year so apparently had come by to say Happy Birthday to Leah.








Happy Birthday my Dear Girlie Nine Year Old. I love you more than words can say.




Comments

Danya said…
It all looks so beautiful! Leah must have felt like a princess!
Such a great momma you are.
Happy 9 years old to Leah
CarGate said…
simply wonderful, and beautiful. FUN! Happy Birthday Leah!!