Happy Birthday America

Sam- "Who is she and where is she?"
Emma- "I no know America,......my birthday?"
Emma was content with the fact that it was someones birthday even if it was not hers.


So the morning started out with cleaning cause we were having friends and family over later than I took the kids to the park to see the parade and play 2 dollars worth of games.

We were having fun as the kids played the games and came running to me with their prizes (to hold) until one of the workers approached me and asked if Sam had given me a bag of dinosaurs? Um Yeah, as I am searching through my bloated bag trying to find it. Apparently Sam was supposed to get one dino not the whole bag. Apologized and quickly told the kids to hurry up and use their tickets so we could go see something, anything that did not keep us in the area of suspected thieves.
One of Sam's prizes was fang teeth!?!! Who gives out fang teeth for July fourth???? Although fang teeth in anyone else's mouth might not seem so wrong but in Sam's mouth they were just an excellent reason to eat his little sister, attack his big sister, try to kiss his mother and I think the most humorous one to watch was, eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich with them.

Emma thought the parade was great with candy being thrown at her followed by balloons, prizes and for the first time cotton candy. Before I knew it I was holding onto two flags, two balloons, a bag of prizes, my purse that was loaded down with candy and when fortunate enough Emma's hand. So while juggling everything around to get my camera, off took the two balloons from my possession. To be honest, although not intentional, I was relieved to watch the two balloons fly higher into the sky, never again to obscure my view, bounce against my head with every slight breeze or have their ribbon get tangled with anything and everything. My sense of relief was quickly cut short as two women were appalled to see these balloons take off and had to give me a hard time for letting them go. Well honeys if you want to chase after the kids I would love to hold onto some balloons for you and I promise they will not float off into the distance.

So after a fun time at the park we went home anticipated the arrival of everyone then proceeded to eat too much (it was some good food,) drink too much (some a lot more than others,) and watch some fire works. Yep what else is America's birthday about other than the celebration of freedom to be who we are.

Comments

Orange said…
The most fun was watching Sam realize that he was alone in the house...watching him go from well-lit room to well-lit room while we sat on the dark room above him...he couldn't see us, but we could see him!
Chris Newkirk said…
...everyone then proceeded to eat too much (it was some good food,) drink too much (some a lot more than others,)...

Hi!!!
RN said…
Chris your "prayer" was one of the highlights of the evening.
Anonymous said…
lol...that is too funny about Sam and the bag of dinosaurs.
Leah and Emma's are so pretty in their matching dresses! So cute!
Glad you guys had a great 4th and Emma was happy with it being someones birthday
love you guys and happy summer days!