Emma's blanket


So since starting out on my quilting venture I have made a blanket for Leah and Sam hesitant to make one for Emma since the one and only blanket she acknowledges is the one that Grandma had gotten for her for her first birthday. I knew that if I wanted her to give any attention to my labor (not really it is more like a hobby that distracts me from the daily chaos of life) of love than it would have to be something new and she would have to be involved in making it. Well she had a great time helping me, naming animals, helping cut material, putting in pins and taking pins out. When daddy got home from work I told Emma to tell daddy what is on her blanket.
"Pokeys (pins) um purple pokeys, blue pokeys"
Annoyed that after a day of working on her blanket all she could talk about was the pokeys so I encouraged her with, "What about the animals, the polar bear and fish?"
Turning big eyed to her dad she proceeded to tell him, "pokeys on polar bear, pokeys on stars, don't touch blanket"
Well all said and done her blanket is finished and she really does like it once I convinced her that there was no more pokeys in it. She is even sleeping with it tonight over her other blanket.














The blanket started with a polar bear cause for about 8 months we would read to her the book Polar Bear, Polar Bear what do you hear? every night until she knew the whole book by heart then the stars cause her favorite song is twinkle twinkle little star and two stars cause she is two and the on and on it goes. I am really proud of being able to capture Emma at two in a blanket and even more proud of the fact that she is using so Yeah.
And here we have Emma who had refused to go for a bath until dad had filled up this bucket to fix a flat bicycle tire and the next thing we know is she is in it singing "bubble bath, bubble bath heeehee thank you daddy"

Comments

CarGate said…
There is no cuter child than this. And I LOVE the blanket!!
Susannah said…
dude that blanket rocks! i kinda want one... lol